Vanity, thy name is SolGrundy

I think I understand now why they always show evil twins and other villains with goatees. It’s because wearing one for any length of time will drive you batshit insane.

I’ve had the damn thing for about 8 months now, and it still has periods where it itches like a son-of-a-b. I was at a meeting at work today, and everyone had paused to look at me like I was about to say something profound. When I just stared back with a blank expression, they said “We thought you were thinking about something…” I realized I’d been unconciously rubbing my beard for the past ten minutes.

So I snapped and shaved it all off. I regret nothing! Just about everybody I know who’s expressed an opinion one way or the other, including the boyfriend, have said I look better with it, and I agree with them. But until I grow it back, it’ll be nice not to have to wake up to a face full of gray hair. (And I’d be lying if I said that all the gray wasn’t part of what was bugging me about it).

Since this wouldn’t be a proper vanity thread without unsolicited pictures, here’s my ugly (but lovable) mug with and without. You thoughtful dopers can reassure me that I did the right thing.

I think you look waaay better with the Beard…I mean yeh you look fine, you did the right thing :wink: .

You look like Scott Summers without the beard. I like it.

You look tons better without the beard. *Very *nice.

Lovely either way.

Mind you I always thought you were lovely, without having seen you.

Definitely with a beard. You’re gorgeous Sol. Why is it all the handsome ones are taken or gay???

Just Not Bloody Fair it Ain’t. :smiley:

Uh-hum? Right here?

Oh, and you look tons better without it, SolGrundy.

Here’s a vote for without.

Hubba hubba! :slight_smile:

Ooooh, I like* no beard*.

You look great either way, though. :slight_smile:

A vote for with goatee here. Of course I have a thing for men in goatees. ACBG has a goatee and he knows how to use it, if you know what I mean. :smiley:

Men with goatees make me weak in the knees.

Oh, are you cute! Also much younger than I surmised (and no, I have no idea why I surmised otherwise.)

If you pinned me down, I’d have to say I prefer without the facial hair.

I agree… I thought you were older for some reason. Not sure why… maybe because you seem so wise. :wink:

I think without is better. Mmmm, nice smooth clean-shaven guy.

Sans facial hair. Goatees are so overdone.

I’d take you either way because you’re just so darn adorable, but I have to agree that you look better without the facial hair.

Er…

Sol’s hot either way. I propose that we clone him, have one of them grow the goatee back and make a sammich.

So, when Sol takes his cross country gay doper tour, he’ll have to be shaved for Priceguy, Homebrew and gobear and he’ll have to have the goatee by the time he gets to me. I’d say it’d be best if he visited me first, then shaved the goatee before traveling on, but I might not let him leave. :smiley:

C’mon, he’d make a great addition to the harem!

Don’t bogart the hotties, dear swampy.

I like you shaved and unshaved. Cute either way.

Well, she didn’t specify straight, did she? Just neither gay nor taken. I fulfill both requirements and then some. It’s not like I’ve totally given up on women.

You do realize, of course, that you will be amongst my gay harem? :wink: