Venture Bros. getting new episodes or what?

Well, Dr. Orpheus did send the souls of the two gentlemen in the diner into that little toy he bought. Plus he did cause the TV remote to vanish from the material sphere. He has got some skills, but he may have to call in the necromancer that is wife left him for.

Yeah, the Adult Swim’s been running bumps all week that say “Big Venture Brothers Announcement Thursday”. And surely, they wouldn’t make a big announcement that they’re not renewing…

Don’t forget he also banished the pleasure-pod thing to Hell pretty handily. That’s gotta account for some skill.

I read a rather reasonable prediction at the Adult Swim boards about what might happen, in a spoiler box even though it IS just a prediction

The Monarch will use Grover Cleveland’s presidental time machine (? I miust have missed the ep. this was in) to go back in time to keep himself from going to jail. As an indirect result, Hank and Dean are still alive.

I think they might, just to fuck with people.

I’m afraid I don’t read those boards, but could I ask you what the date was on that prediction?

Because I made a very similar prediction in this thread less than a day after the final episode aired…

I can see them doing that and then running a bump the next commercial break, retracting it.

I remember when they accidentally ran the penulltimate episode of Big O in place of the finale and caught major flack. So the next week when they promised they’d finally run the finale, they showed the first five minutes of the penultimate episode again, freaked everyone out, ran a bump saying “just kidding”, and finally aired the finale…

I think that they are going to announce that The Venture Brothers is being replaced by The Squidbillies.

[Good News: Venture Bros coming back with thirteen new episodes :wink:

Bad News: In 2006!! :(](Movie Reviews, Trailers, Interviews, Wikis & Posters for Movies - IGN)

Ah, great article. Confirms that Tom Goes to the Mayor should be cancelled. But of course, it wasn’t.

HA-HA! I see my evil scheme has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams! Mwahahahahaaaa-

CURSE YOU THADDEUS VENTURE!!!

Why? WHY, Adult Swim, Why? Surely you can’t be so hard up for programming that you’re still going to be dragged arund by the Mayor?

Here’s my take on it. The cards reffer to Adult Swim in self depreaciating ways. In reality, it is fantastic. To maintain “street cred” as being horrible, they must have at least one show that stinks.

Or mybe they are simply self-sabotaging. :frowning:

The guys over at [as] seem to put two types of shows on the air:

Shows the fans like (Family Guy, Futurama, VB, all that anime) and shows they like (Tom Goes to the Mayor, Super Milk Chan, Perfect Hair Forever.) Now, obviously there is overlap, as I’m sure almost everyoen at [as] loves Futurama, FG, and VB, but it’s quite clear if you read the [as] message boards that MANY people HATE Tom Goes to the Mayor, Super Milk Chan, and Perfect Hair Forever, yet they keep them on the air because the [as] people see them as quirky and different, despite the fact that Harvey Birdman, Sealab, or AQHF would get better ratings.

Oh, and here’s a link to Jackson Publick’s Live Journal.

::happy dance::

Regarding the renewal of the everyone-hates-it Tom Goes to the Mayor, I think its a lack of available material to fill one of those 15-minute gaps. The show must be incredibly cheap to produce and delevoping another 15 minute show more costly than letting Tom continue.

Either that or the producers have photos of Adult Swim execs performing sexual acts on Hank and Dean Venture.

That may be, but simply being quirky and different doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck.

Sorry guys, they’re renewing Tom Goes to the Mayor for my benefit. I love that show. The sociopathic mayor cracks me up. Rats off to ya!

I’m also oddly excited about new episodes of Perfect Hair Forever.

But I won’t take responsibility for Super Milk Chan. Can’t stand that show.

Hah. I was right - sorta, kinda.

OK, I’m claiming my right as a Cafe Society doper to resurrect this since it’s less then 6 months old and I have something new to add which I don’t think quite deserves its own thread what with this one beeing from only a few months ago.

Check out Publick’s site. They’re working on season 2 as we speak. Plus they got a nice shot of Brock from S2. Looks like he gets his hair back.
Also I haven’t seen this brought up. One piece of each of the boys is still alive. In the very first episode of the first season (discounting the pilot since Publick himself speaks like it’s out of continuity) Dr. Venture takes a kidney from both of them and puts it in himself. I do believe they knew how they were going to end the season when they started.

I want Megas, darn it. I want giant robots. To heck with these guys.