"versus" movies

Dr. Mabuse vs. Scotland Yard (1963)

Godzilla vs. Mothra (1964)

Wrestling Women vs. the Aztec Mummy (1964)

Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)

Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973)

Bandits vs. Samurai Squad (1978)

Shaolin vs. Wu Tang (1983)

Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989)

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991)

Holy Virgin vs. The Evil Dead (1991)

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993)

Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (1994)

Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995)

Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000)

Versus (2000)

Milfs vs. Zombies (2015)

Ford v. Ferrari (2019)

Ape vs. Monster (2021)

Lola Versus (2012)

Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever (2002)

IMDB has a page for Vs. movies even

posted in error

Dollman vs. Demonic Toys was fun

There’s also a TV Tropes page on it

I’m currently reading Gangsters Vs Nazis (Michael Benson), which would make an interesting cross-genre movie.

Cockneys vs Zombies – “Shaun of the Dead,” wanna-be, but still lotsa fun, the highlight being an elderly Brit asleep in his lawn chair while the Zs shamble all around him, not realizing he isn’t dead. Then he wakes up and makes a break for it – at 0.0005 MPH – with his walker with a walker in hot pursuit (not). One of the female leads was on, “Doctor Who.” Worth a look.

There’s a lot of movies produced with cheap animation in that sub-genre. Clearly not much spent on the live action either.

Proposed documentary: The Satanic Verses Verses the Satanic

Somebody once suggested a film about Thomas Pynchon’s novel against the TV series about alien reptilian invaders. It could be called V vs. V.
Or, if you use the proper legal form,

V v. V

The fifth part should be good.

Several of the episodes of the animated series The Tick has “versus” titles.

My favorites were The Tick vs. The Tick (The Tick fights another superhero who wants to use the name “The Tick”) and The Tick vs. Arthur’s Bank Account.

The English title of this Spanish horror movie was The Werewolf Versus the Vampire Woman

Make it a three way fight with a dystopian British anarchist.

V vs. V vs. V

… and you can build on it from there. Like, they could all fight the element Vanadium.

Not in the title but Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

Coincidentally, I just watched last night what I believe is the original source for this: The Oscar winning The Sea Around US (1953).

Can’t believe I forgot the non-classic Neutron vs. the Death Robots (1962). In the same series was Neutrón Contra El Criminal Sádico a.k.a. Neutron vs. the Maniac (1964).

The German semi-classic “Theo gegen den Rest der Welt” translates to “Theo vs. the rest of the world”. I doubt it ever had an official English title, so I hope it counts.