"versus" movies

My first thought was Bandits vs. Samurai Squadron (1978). Great movie.

Regarding Versus (2000), which is yakuza fighing zombies with swords. I found it a tad repetitive over the course of 2 hours.

Superargo vs. Diabolicus (1966) is another quickly forgotten flick with a great title.

Agree with both sentiments, the latter also being far too derivative and senseless for my tastes.

If the same movie was used for the clips in Wonders of Science …Simplified, then it couldn’t be the original source – that book came out in the 1940s, if not earlier. And Beast from 20,000 Fathoms also came out in 1953, making it unlikely that one borrowed from the other. If that other source was right about it being in Flash Gordon, that was 1936.

Sadly all the Abbott and Costello movies of this genre don’t use “versus” in the title but “meet the” or some such. I count 7 of them.

lol Syfy original movie fan? i miss them now they quit making them

I was wondering why Santa Claus vs. the Martians, a well-known bottom dweller famous for being Pia Zadora’s cinematic debut, wasn’t mentioned. Then I confirmed its position on IMDb’s bottom 100 list. It’s “Conquers” – ah, well.

Don’t forget The Robot vs. the Aztec Mummy (1957), with one of the worst “Robot” costumes I’ve ever seen

Only enough to irritate my wife :rofl:

It was only a joke trailer and not an actual movie but “Moses vs Godzilla” is a personal favorite

ive seen it with both names actually

Canadian Mounties vs. Atomic Invaders. Sadly, it’s an espionage story, not a sci-fi story.

Eh, I’ve seen more pathetic attempts. What was that movie with the guy in a Gorilla costume and a diver helmet? Supposed to be a ‘robot’ if I recall.

“Robot Monster.” Featuring Selena Royle.

Hmm. Title checks out.

Adding onto the Kaiju films, The War of the Gargantuas : フランケンシュタインの怪獣 サンダ対ガイラ, Furankenshutain no Kaijū: Sanda tai Gaira, lit. 'Frankenstein’s Monsters: Sanda vs. Gaira ') is a 1966 kaiju film that was intended as a sequel to Frankenstein Conquers the World.