Very cool software - Make your own font!

Now I can finally write personalised hand written letters without hurting my poor little wrists!

http://www.high-logic.com/

[sub]Disclaimer needed? Just in case: I’m completely unaffiliated with the makers of this prog, am just having fun playing around with a font that looks like my writing![/sub]

Crap! I forgot to give due credit: The ever delightful Burnt Sugar was the actual discoverer of the proggie.

Linky no worky.

The link works for me.

Excellent!

Great, now I can make everything digital just as illegible as my handwriting.

Now I just need to find the time to make one! :confused:

Did anyone check out the 1001 free fonts link? I download them, but can’t seem to be able to use them… Any suggestions?

Did you go to Control Panel -> Fonts -> File -> Add new font?

If you did that and it still doesn’t work, I can’t help, sorry!

That works! Thanks so much.

If you’re using Windows XP or Windows 2000 (SP2 or above), you already have a font editor on your computer. It’s not as feature-rich as the program linked to in the OP, but then it won’t cost you an extra $65, either. Run “eudcedit.exe” to start the MS font editor. On my Windows 2000 machine, it’s in C:\Windows\System32\

Great, but how the heck can I get a decent sample of my handwriting into digital form in the first place without buying a light pen? My handwriting is hopeless trying to hold down the leftclick button while moving my mouse.

That’s what scanners are for! :slight_smile:

If you have a PDA, you can do it that way.

Heh. The April’s fool jokes for next year are now being planned.