Watch out, Iraq! We've got Optimus!

I don’t know what to say. I wonder if the man is actually seeing combat right now.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=3828

That probably the least damaging way to be crazy that I’ve ever heard of.

“Truckin’ got my chips cashed in. Keep truckin’, like the do-dah man…”

:slight_smile:

I confess to always wanting to be Soundwave. :frowning:

beatcha

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=171237

:stuck_out_tongue:

Why is this a pit thread?

An Ohio guy. Wouldn’t you know it.

Way to make proud, bro!
:smack::smack::smack:

Because I couldn’t think of anywhere else to put it. Well, as long as it’s redundant, I guess I should ask the mods to close it down.

Besides, I was really expecting some anti-war protesting. That seems to happen in every other thread now.

Make US proud.

Christ, I suck. But then, I’m Ohioan.

If he gets captured and the Iraqis announce they have “Optimus Prime” as a prisoner, will it be okay to laugh?

Heck, they’d probably be laughing.

I wanna see him turn himself into a red semi truck. Then I’ll call him Optimus as much as he likes.

And by the way, is he changing his name because he played with “Optimus” as a little kid? :smiley:

I dunno, these are the same people who broadcasted to American troops in 1991 that their wives were sleeping with Tom Cruise and Homer Simpson.

[sub](yeah, yeah, I know it’s a myth, shut up)[/sub]

I just want to see this guy run for government office someday. I don’t care what his political views are, the headlines alone would be worth it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, if you go to Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, you’ll be happy to find out that he’s been elected student senate president and has been elected to various other senate seats.

See, we have such an apathetic and wise-ass student body that for the past few years, more people have voted for “Optimus Prime” in the various student senate elections than real, actual people.

Needless to say, this is cracking a lot of CMU people up. :slight_smile:

Can someone change their name to Super Defense Fortress-1? Please?

I was thinkin’ the same thing. Why is that there’s only been a handful of Buckeyes worth lookin’ up to? (But hey! The ones we do have are way cool! Neil Armstrong and the Wright Bros!)

BUt they, like Optimus Prime, had to leave to make a name for themselves! :smiley:

This is like the 4th separate Optimus Prime reference I’ve heard inside a relatively short time. What’s going on? I mean, I didn’t even watch Transformers! I should have only the foggiest idea of this whole Optimus Prime thing, but the world seems to be bent in informing me!

It was a Carson joke, made even stranger as it ended up being modified to say the troops were sleeping with Bart.