We have a new moderator -- MILLER

Miller has graciously agreed to come work for us in General Questions.

Y’all wish him the best, now.

Congrats!

What’s the traditional way to welcome a new Mod onto these boards?

Where’s the imperial march? The jackboots, the random extra that dives over the rail in horror? The sharks with fricken laser beams?

Oh wait. He’s a Miller.
Hmmm…

Does he play Mafia?
And what’s he the Mod of?

Actually, it’s several increasingly severe and zany attempts on their life. It was really the only way we could think of to top the user initiation, we should probably change it sometime…

That explains the wombat in the tutu I found under my bed this morning.

So who do I make my “donation” checks out to?

Damnit! I specifically said vicar! Vicar in a tutu. Oh yeah.

. . . What d’you mean, where do I want the barrista? Bannister, you imbecilic cretin!

ahem

shifty eyes

Welcome, Miller!

It wasn’t invisible? Phooey.

Welcome aboard!

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

Or Condolences :frowning:

Whichever you prefer. :smiley:

I’d like to know why y’all felt the need to sneak this one in on us at 1:00 in the morning? And on the weekend. What’s up with that? Is it something like a White House data dump? Inquiring minds want to know.

Congrats, Miller, a mod well-chosen.

I know you’ll do a great job, Miller. Always loved your posts and style. Very smart. You’ll do wonderful.
You got the fifty I slipped under the table, right?

Miller? A MODERATOR?!!!

Actually, I think this is great. While he and I disagree quite often, I’ve always—well, almost always ;)—enjoyed both his thinking and tone.

Congratulations, Miller. This is good news.

Back in my day, you got a car coat and a blood initiation.

These wimpy kids nowadays.

Oh, come now! Just point him towards MPSIMS – he obviously got lost (and misplaced his Cloak of Invisibility, hence having to ‘borrow’ the tutu). :slight_smile:

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I’m very honored to have been chosen as a moderator. This is a great chance to give something back to a board I love, and more than anything else, I can’t wait to go mad with power. MAD, I tell you!

That’s freakin’ awesome–not to asskiss much, but Miller’s probably my single favorite poster on these boards. Congrats!

Good Luck!

Thanks for volunteering.:cool:

Yeah, they “volunteer” real good after you get a couple of those little tranquilizer darts in 'em.

Congrats, Miller–better you than me! :smiley:

Yay, Miller! Best of luck!

(Never hurts to kiss up to the mods early on; y’know, before they become admins, ifyouknowwhatimean, wink wink, nudge nudge).

Very true! As evidence: I have never once banned norinew.