Wedding Dance - Dad & Daughter - need suggestions fast!

“Ode To Billie Joe” by Bobby Gentry. Make 'em think.

I was going to suggest Unforgettable here–the Natalie Cole/Nat “King” Cole duet version. I’ve heard others say they found it vaguely creepy, but I always thought it was a very touching tribute to her dad.

That is a great suggestion. It makes me kind of want to get married just so I can do that. God, that would be funny.

Funk #49 by The James Gang.

;j <---------------------------- used to represent a long haired freaky person for this post

You may be interested in this site. There are suggestions here for Father-daughter dance tunes as well as others.

“Butterfly Kisses” by Bob Carlisle. If you’re not Christian, you should be warned that it does mention Jesus once. But I’ll bet there’s an alternate version out there for non-Christian audiences somewhere.

Congratulations!

My dad and I danced to the Magnetic Fields’ “Nothing Matters When We’re Dancing.” I like “Unforgettable,” too. You could do something without lyrics, like a Glenn Miller number. My husband and I did our first dance to “Midnight Serenade.” (We were listening to Glenn Miller the night we met.)

I know she’s not popular around here, but I think Celine Dion’s Because You Loved Me is an excellent father/daughter song.

Great minds think alike - see post #15. :slight_smile:

:eek: :smack:

My dad and I danced to “Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World” by IZ (the Hawaiian guy, no way in hell am I going to attempt to spell his name). We didn’t want the usual sappy stuff, and this fit the bill perfectly. Easy to dance to, as well, surprisingly.

E.

Pretty funny, but not apropriate at all. :mad:

I was thinking The Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang. :stuck_out_tongue:

[sub]sorry adoptamom-just fooling![/sub]

We’re enjoying the serious and the not so serious suggestions - thanks everyone :slight_smile:

I’m thinking Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Freebird.

Just the right combination of haunting melody, sizzling guitar licks and a solo at the end that will have Dad in tears.

Of course, if they really are close, they’ll play the live version and dance arm in arm for 18 minutes. :smiley:
What A Wonderful World is a very sweet idea.

Cartooniverse

[ul][li]The Way You Look Tonight originally by Frank Sinatra but I’m partial to the Tony Bennett version. [/li][li]You’ve Got a Friend by James Taylor[/li][li]Unforgettable by Nat King and Natalie Cole[/li][/ul]

If you don’t mind name-specific songs, Ben Folds’ Gracie is a really nice father-daughter song.

Crosby Stills’ *Our House * is also a nice choice.

If I ever get married, I’ll dance with my father to Dan Fogelberg’s Leader of the Band. Of all his children, I’m the one who’s most like him and we have a shared love of music.

Enjoy the wedding!

For an up-tempo number (maybe more appropriate for later in the dancing), “C’est La Vie” by Bob Seger for that rock/retro feeling and a really fun song.

Frankly, none of these suggestions so far are sentimental enough.

I suggest using the old classic Move Bitch by that Man of Emotion, Ludacris.

I kind of like the Josh Groban song “You Raise Me Up.”