Welcome John

Well you can’t stay away can you like aroma around a paper mill…Of course there will be cries of “Coventry” but you are a clever troll of course your achillies moma is well known so maybe thats why you come… to get folks to say the things about your mom you wish you could. I really just wish you would take yourself elsewhere before your illness drives the same good folks away again.

Yeah, THAT was productive.

I think the only odor here is Quarterat’s post. Some things never change. I guess you will always occupy the tertiary level of the SDMB. Dunce!

Res ipsa loquitur.

JOHN the Cyberian54

[[[I think the only odor Here is Quarterat’s post. Some things never change. I guess you will always occupy the tertiary level of the SDMB. Dunce!]]]

At least he managed to never get himself TOSed off of AOL. Twice.

See, John’s happier than a pig in slop right now, because he thinks all his old buddies from AOL’s SDMB are going to show up, and he can start right in with the abuse and the stupidity, and meanwhile dazzle a whole new audience with his wit and charm.

Lynn, is it too early to declare him persona non grata?

** Phil D. **
“There isn’t time to tell you all that you need to know.” – Jon Auer

Productive? uh Ian I’m sure you know the old saw about what it takes for evil to triumph…I mean you know what a lying sack of stuff John is…why the objection to the truth? This is after all the BBQ pit and I figure it’s productive to start a flame thread deticated to John I doubt I will be the only one to use it (hey I suspect this thread will be closed fairly soon because it will be too full). Ah well I guess I can take comfort in the fact that those that see the truth first are often dissmissed.:::slipping into Blutarski voice:::Was Churchill productive when he denounced the craven appeasment of Chamberlin? How about those kids at Tien Amin square?..Perhaps I’m a little sensitive as I live where David Duke is a serious politician but I think it is productive to oppose slimey jerks wherever one comes across them. I figure that it is productive to point out that talking about John’s mom is a effective way to get him mad and sometimes to get him to go away(now thats productive).

It’s hardly a secret that John and I have had some pretty vehement disagreements, and fights, and bouts of mud tossing. I admit I was not free from blame in those fights. Personally, I’d like this board to be free of the tone that marked John’s term on the board last year, but I hardly feel that unprovoked provocation is the way to ensure that doesn’t happen. When John left AOL, he and I had an agreement not to air personal disagreements on the board, and I think I’m not the only one with whom had such a truce. I will stick by my end of the bargain, and I think it’s in everyone’s best interests to avoid these pointless conflicts. Even if your aim is to discourage John from posting here, Quart, I think your method of scattershot, meaningless insults is quite obviously futile, cerain to have exactly the opposite results from your intent, and therefore wholly unproductive.

Well Ian maybe the way to deal with an obnoxious bullying antisemite is to make nice and hope it gets better or goes away but that ain’t the way I see it. I certainly am not willing to pretend that since this is a new board John is a changed man. I have nothing but scorn for him if you are uncomfortable with my scorn for him I’m afraid that is unlikly to change. I created this thread with the hopes that the bile that John generates would stay here if it works perhaps that will be productive…in any case venting can be productive in that it can lead to a more peaceful state of mind.

Quarterats’ lack of erudition and good manners is still evident. yawn

JOHN Cyberian54

[[[Quarterats’ lack of erudition and good manners is still evident. yawn]]]

Oh, the irony. Let’s try, “Quarterat’s lack of erudition and good manners are still evident. Yawn.” I’m afraid you get a zero on this assignment.

** Phil D. **
“There isn’t time to tell you all that you need to know.” – Jon Auer

How uninspiring it is to communicate with someone with your feeble intellect. What a gosson.

JOHN

For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

oops, when I wrote that I thought I was responding to Quaterat. Sorry Phil. You’re right, it should have been’ are’ not is. duhhh
Damn print is too small. ahem

JOHN

No, John. Phil’s correction of your English usage is wrong. The subject of your sentence was the word “lack” – a singular noun. The proper verb would be “is”, not “are”, so you had it right the first time. Phil, I’m surprised at you!

Carry on.

<Picture: Click Here to See the Profile for Dick Macy>   <Picture: Click Here to Email Dick Macy>

No, John. Phil’s correction of your English usage is wrong. The subject of your sentence was the word “lack” – a singular noun. The proper verb would be “is”, not “are”, so you had it right the first time. Phil, I’m surprised at you!

Carry on.]]]]Dick

yeah, Phil.

Thanks, Dick.

:slight_smile:

No. Phil assumed that John was accusing Paul of a lack of erudition and also accusing him of good manners, (both sins on this MB), and therefore the verb is plural.

“Lack [of erudition] and [good] manners are. . . .”

Dick is assuming that John had collected a list of things Paul lacked (erudition and manners).

“Lack [of erudition and good manners] is . . . .”

Given that John would not want to give Paul the benefit of the doubt by accusing him of good manners, I’ll go with Phil’s restatement. :wink:

Tom~

Dick is assuming that John had collected a list of things Paul lacked (erudition and manners).]]]]]tom

Dick was correct. It was no assumption on Dick’s part. Quarterrat lacks erudtion and good manners and that IS evident.
:slight_smile:

Um I don’t have a problem with Johns spelling (though I would point out that my sig has 2 r’s in it not the 3 of his last post or the one of an earlier) or grammar after all his spelling of distortion still brings a smile and the women bit was usefull in exposing one of his imaginary pals. Rather it is his ideas and attitude that I find disgusting.

Um I don’t have a problem with Johns spelling (though I would point out that my sig has 2 r’s in it not the 3 of his last post or the one of an earlier) or grammar after all his spelling of distortion still brings a smile and the women bit was usefull in exposing one of his imaginary pals. Rather it is his ideas and attitude that I find disgusting. ]]]]]

.25RAT. Whaaaaaaaa.

Anyway, it was the typo distrotion, instead of distortion, that you still find funny? What an exciting life you must lead.

JOHN

Well, well.

JOHN used “Whaaaaaaa” to designate laughter. He also admitted to being Cyberian54. He uses the expression “Duhhhhhhh.” He displays a lack of knowledge of spelling and grammar.

John John uses “Waaaaaaaa” to designate laughter. He also uses the expression “Duhhhhhh.” He also displays a lack of knowledge of spelling and grammar. But he denies being Cyberian54.

So either John John is lying, or he is deliberately copying another person’s style.

Which seems more likely to you?

(Normally I wouldn’t revive from the dead such an old thread, but I thought I’d let some of the newbies see it.)

When all else fails, ask Cecil.

applause

:wink:

Thanks jab1. If this doesn’t set things straight, nothing will.

Coldfire
Voted Poster Most Likely To Post Drunk

"You know how complex women are"

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)