Well... HE was certainly pissed off!

So I’m on the freeway in Orange County (“Behind the Orange Curtain”, “Reagan Country”) when a fellow American apparently took umbrage at my innocent little bumper sticker (“BUCK FUSH”). He came up beside me in his gold late-model Mustang convertible and vehemently extended his middle finger at me, all the while apparently yelling obscenities (which I couldn’t hear, as both of our windows were closed).

I blew him a kiss. (Yeah, I know that’s a weird thing for a straight guy to do; but I didn’t have a “TRY DECAFF” sign handy and it seemed like the best I could do.)

What a shame. Here, I try to spread a little amusment; and this poor chap will be angry all day.

Next time, just tell him to ho to gell…

Wait, a straight guy in L.A.? No way, those are just myths.

Which car? The Cherokee?

I have to say, an all-American icon like the Cherokee with an anti-Bush bumper sticker is a tad confusing. :slight_smile:

Having said that, the Mustang guy’s an idiot for taking such offense. And you’re an idiot for using your car as a political billboard. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe you could have a sticker made with Calvin peeing on bush?

How do you know he was reacting to your bumper sticker and not to something else? Did he specifically reference your sticker somehow?

Yeah, maybe you’d slammed the door on the tail of a cute lil’ puppy dog and were dragging him down the freeway at 65-per.

There are people who just take things much to seriously. People get real nuts when they are behind the wheel of a car.

Yup. The Cherokee. Why would an anti-Bush sticker be confusing? The majority of Americans didn’t vote for him! :stuck_out_tongue:

And no, I’m not an idiot for using my vehicle as a political billboard. I’m a provocateur! :wink:

Funny you should mention that. Just yesterday I was thinking of a Calvin peeing on a bush, and was wondering if people would identify a bush.

Blunt: You could be right. Maybe he had a bad experience with a pilot once and was offended by my helicopter sticker, “FAA Licenced Pilot” license plate frame, and AOPA wings.

Ukulele Ike: It wasn’t that cute. :smiley:

Toddly: Indeed. There are very few things that I take seriously.

So you’re saying the whole “the size of a man’s truck is a reflection of the size of his penis” thing isn’t about the penis at all?

That sounds really, really dirty.

I’m from Orange County and I would have laughed my butt off. In fact, now I want a Buck Fush sticker for my car! And a Chuck Feney sticker for my mountain bike.

Hmm, if I put a Buck Fush sticker on the back of a BMW, would the Irony God’s head explode?

I got it from a vendor on the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica a couple/few months ago.