Well, what are you waiting for? Get the hell outta here!

Hush your mouth. They might have forgotten about us.

I have an idea. Reading their forum lead me to this site about the Evil Rock Beat. I listen to the “Evil Rock Beat” myself and so do many of my fellow South Carolinians. I wonder if we can scare them away by playing it loud enough? Sort of like a dog whistle in reverse?

Damn, my music would drive these extremists up the wall. My Godlessness would, of course prove their false theories, however.

Sam

Damn yet again. Reminds me I should check my URLS before posting them: www.pro-rock.com

Sam

Alaska is good though I was thinking more in terms of Wyoming, Montana, and either of the Dakotas. In any of those places, they could test the concept of not worrying about what they will wear, or what they will eat, especially during the winter months. The theory of God Will Provide should be enough to carry them through. Plus, if they have real faith, they could move mountains to more elevation challenged states like Florida—we could use a few mountains and some ski slopes down here.

Aw great…

I’ve got to drive through South Carolina TWICE during the next few weeks.

I’m a little confused. . . the crazy fundies won the election, they have one of their own on the White House, and the party that caters to crazy fundies owns the House and Senate. Morever, crazy fundy politics ensured the death of civil rights for gay people in a large chunk of the country for the foreseeable future.

So why are the Christian Exodus people so upset? They’ve won. What else do they want?

They obviously need moutains (and a seashore) to test their faith according to Mark 11:23…

They’re still smarting from that whole Roy Moore/ten commandments incident. Plus, GWB came out saying he was in favor of civil unions.

I’m with Otto. Get those motherfuckers off the lower 48.

I like Otto’s suggestion of Guam. The island is infested with tree snakes, so they should be able to take care of the vermin.

Amongst other things, they want to get rid of you and your kin.

Oh, that’s taken for granted; I woul dthink that their victory in denying us civil rights would have sufficed. I suppose they’d llike to make me wear a pink triangle and ship me off to a “relocation center.”

I wonder if the Christian Exodus people will name their new homeland the Republic of Gilead?

Ack! phbttb!
Lose the attitude.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?-Epicurus

Ponder that while you’re whining on the banks of a river in the afterlife.

How are they going to take over the state and make it a separate entity? That is secession and it didn’t work last time. How are they going to set up this theocracy if they stay part of the US? It would clearly violate the chucrh/state thing (which is sort of nebulous anyway). Maybe we can all borrow a Canadian idea and start a Marry a Carolinian program to save the sane ones who want to emigrate. Maybe we can exile Fred Phelps there with orders to shoot on sight if he gets too close to our border :wink:

Has anyone on this board actually met a Middle/Evangelical American? Or any ordinary church-going American? To hear you people talk, one would assume that, as soon as you leave the suburbs, you are deep in the heart of Deliverance country, with snake-handlers, sodomizers and inbred banjo-pickers everywhere. Unbelievable.

Actually, a lot of Dopers are ordinary, church-going Americans. At my workplace, we have church-going Christians, synagogue-going Jews, and mosque-going Muslims.

What you have failed to get that this is not a diatrobe against ordianry religious Americans, but about a pack of looney tunes fundies who want to secede and start their own theocratic state in South Carolina. Surely, even you can figure out that extremist nutcases do not represent the entirety of their faiths.

Actually, a lot of Dopers are ordinary, church-going Americans. At my workplace, we have church-going Christians, synagogue-going Jews, and mosque-going Muslims.

What you have failed to get that this is not a diatribe against ordinary religious Americans, but about a pack of looney tunes fundies who want to secede and start their own theocratic state in South Carolina. Surely, even you can figure out that extremist nutcases do not represent the entirety of their faiths.

A sort of send 'em back to Africa thing?

Do fundies come from Guam?

Perhaps these few extremist nutcases do not even represent the entirety of Christian fundamentalism any more than jihadists praying for a cardiff represent the entirety of Islamic fundamentalism. Maybe they’re just plain old nutjobs, like American Atheists or any other group of shrill, violence-prone people who demonize others with the reckless abandon of sixteenth-century witch hunters.