Well winter's over

It’s 67 and sunny in NEO today. My eyes are puffy and watering.

I like the temps but this time of year is kind of icky with the still-dead grass and plants and stuff.

Baseball, tho! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It’s currently 76 in my neighborhood, and it’s forecast to hit 80 in DC on Thursday, even though there are still places where you can find patches of snow left over from the January blizzard.

A bunch of high 60s after that for the foreseeable future. Sure feels like we’re done with winter, here. R.I.P.

I concur!

I wouldn’t count on winter being over , we had gotten snow in April in my state , Ma. We had an April Fool day snow storm one year and no one was really laughing but maybe Old Man winter was !

The pollen count here is already in the high range. It’s gonna be a looonngg spring for allergy sufferers. On the bright side, buy stock in Allegra now!

Summer’s not over here downunder. Last night the temp didn’t drop below 29 (c) in Melbourne (hottest March night on record) although we are due for a cooler change in the next few hours.

:slight_smile:

This week is Spring here. Highs near 80. The buds on the trees are rapidly cracking open. In a week, they will be obviously green.

Winter? You call that winter? We only had to shovel the driveway twice!

35?

Its 62 degrees right now here in northern Vermont.

This is supposed to be the middle of the ski season!

62 is more like June than March for us.

I slept with the windows open last night. In Wisconsin. In March.

I awoke this morning and heard Canada Geese, Robins, Sandhill Cranes, and Red-winged Blackbirds. That’s incontrovertible proof that spring has sprung.

It’s been spring in Portland since February. We had one week of about 60 degree weather, which was enough to start the sap running. All the cherry and other fruit trees are in blossom, crocuses and daffodils are in bloom, and tulips are up, even though we’re back to high 40s weather. Too early to plant veggies, but it’s nice to see leaves on trees again.

I still have snow in my yard and all the lakes are frozen. Another month or so of winter left.

Oh yes. My 25-year-old Schefflera actinophylla is stoked about this. He/she’s been begging me for weeks (read, dropping leaves like a Maple tree in November) to have some fresh air and (indirect) sunlight. And with balmy weather in the forecast, he got to move to the deck a couple weeks early this year.

Don’t miss that at all. I remember that huge St. Patrick’s dump of two feet of snow some years ago. The freeze/thaw cycles were the worst, when every surface turned into a skating rink.

We could be getting 8-12 inches of snow on Sunday , this could be a Nor’easter on the first day of spring ! So much for winter being over , I knew it wasn’t in New England .

Dear fellow New Englanders, I’m sorry about the upcoming snowstorm. It’s my fault; I bought some new spring clothes last weekend when it was beautiful, and also started working on my garden.

I’ll be digging with the rest of you this weekend. :frowning:

LOL! It was like spring here last week too and our flowers are starting to come up. So I hoping spring was here but to play it safe I didn’t pack up my winter gears yet. But damn snow on the first day of spring that is just nasty of Mother Nature!

I recall one year when I lived in St. Louis. It’s a barely-north city that gets a few 3" snows per winter which usually melt completely within a couple days. The first snow is often not until January and the last is usually before March.

Anyhow, on April 15th we got 3" of snow. I recall walking my taxes to the Post Office in the fresh snow.

All the millions of tulips in the city were 12" tall, fully open, and filled with snow like little snow cones. It was very pretty. Then they were all dead as soon as their stems thawed the next day. It was very sad.

A friend of mine, who is a MA native, tells me that we’ve had snow on Mother’s Day. Which, for non-Americans, is in bloody May!

No, no, no. That’s wrong on all levels.

I took the snow shovel off my porch and put it in the hall closet. That did it, I’m sure! :smiley:

Not sure where you are in MA, but the weather guy on channel 7 (Boston) just said that it looks like this storm will go out to sea. Snow for the Cape and islands. Coating for the 128 loop. Nada up where I am (Lowell-ish). We’ll see. I wouldn’t mind a final snowstorm. They make me happy. I know, I’m a weird transplant from down south.

Heh. March and April are the biggest snow months in the Colorado Mountains. So just when you think it’s over… WHAMMO. We had 2 feet of snow last week.

Kinda funny, we just picked up my wife’s new Subaru Outback yesterday. Our big question was “where are the tow hooks?” so I can winch it up the driveway if it gets stuck. It did get stuck, but we managed to back it out. Plowed (again) and all is well.

A week ago, it looked like winter was over and we had several days of 5-10 deg C above average. The prediction for the next 6 days is for temps about 5 deg below normal. So a cold first day of spring. But no snow in the forecast for Montreal.