We're having a baby!

well??

Fresh from the oven!

:smiley:

Here’s to a healthy fresh bun raises glass

I guess this isn’t a “Delivery in 30 Minutes or your Baby is Free!” thingie.

If your Real family has been advised of the newest member of your family before your Imaginary Family, boy, I would be annoyed.

:slight_smile:

We get to name this child, right? Cause I’m thinking **Shirley Ujest Cecil Adams Biggie Smalls **

Congratulations. Wishing you a lifetime of joy and happiness with your new family. :slight_smile:

:pokes head into thread:

Any news yet?

Damn…

:ducks back out:

It’s been almost two days. Should we be worried, or assume it was a false start?

I hope everything has gone well, and that **brendon_small ** is just too busy and infatuated to post!

:: fidgets impatiently ::

One can be at 3 cm for several days, but the water breaking would seem to signal an imminent arrival. Hope everything’s ok!

So is there a baby yet???

Too late. I’ve already gone and had a celebratory margarita in honor of the new addition to your family, Mr. Small.

::hic::

Man, I can’t hold onto these balloons and sparkly glitter for much longer…

Works for a boy or a girl! I like it!

Paging Daddy Small…Daddy Small to MPSIMS

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry!

At 3 am they came in and told use her tests indicated there may be problems. They were transferring us. We were sent at 4 to OSU medical in Columbus, so we arrived at 5:30 and she was admitted. She slept but there was no internet in the hospital that I could get to (I guess there is some wireless somewhere, but not in the part where we were, plus my computer was in the car) - she woke up, went into hardcore labor, and delivered the baby at 7:20 pm on the 16th.

He was 8 lb, 6 oz. at 21 inches long. We named him Dylan Riley and they took him upstairs toward the nursery. My father and I walked up about 20 minutes later and we could see him, but they put him in the incubator and went down to NICU. He had trouble with oxygen, but the nurse said he should be back up in an hour. At midnight, they told us he would stay in intensive care overnight.

In the morning we went down, mostly because Mrs. Small was exhausted that night. He was doing better with oxygen, been off the air since 6 am. They kept him to monitor that day, hoping to send him up to well-baby nursery. Apparently, he had a low point in the night (which was about 71% instead of 95+% they look for) but came back up on his own. This was decent news, since they said he corrected the problem himself. It’s an eye opener, seeing our big baby boy laying for observation in a room of 40 some 2-4 lb babies that were born extremely early and fighting for every breath.

They explained to us today that they were discharging Mrs. Small, so we’re here at her parents about 45 minutes away. She is going back up at 9 tomorrow morning to be with him all day and hopefully they release him tomorrow evening. Our doctor up there was concerned with sending him home that soon, but the other doctor and resident were pretty confident about him being able to go.

Gosh, after all the suspense, you’d think that I’d be able to say more. He is rather good, cries a little when we are around and sleeps every time we get ready to go back upstairs. He’s been eating good and acting like a normal newborn, so now we’re into the next waiting game.

Brendon Small

I forgot to mention, she didn’t yell or shout much at all. She was in back labor for a few hours, started pushing him at 6:50, and had him out completely at 7:20. She hardly even cried, even though the epidural kind of stopped working and they had to redo it at 5:30pm, and that one did not help near as much, she was amazing. Smiled at me between contractions, and was actually so overly nice that the nurse had to ask her to please not worry about things.

What a lovely way for her to say how much she loves you…

Congratulations!
And whatever you do, don’t play that song in the delivery room or she’ll put you in traction…

No songs in the delivery room. She watched Grease in the first one until they put her in the ambulance. Then we watched the Channel 10 news while she was awake but not in hardcore labor yet. Once that happened we turned it to A/V blue screen and left it alone. All was quiet other than the beeping machines…

Brendon Small

Was there a machine that went “ping”?

And how is the little one doing?

Congratulations! And please keep us updated on the status of your new son! :slight_smile:

You’re evil. :slight_smile:

Congrats to the (not so) Small family!