Yo Spider! Get me a drink you stuttering fu…
Late but fashionable, I hope. PMed you NAF and am champing at the bit to see sunrise.
::Trembles::
Yo Spider! Get me a drink you stuttering fu…
Late but fashionable, I hope. PMed you NAF and am champing at the bit to see sunrise.
::Trembles::
Just a few clarifications on the rules, since there are a lot of new roles:
For the millers, I’m unclear if they HAVE to block someone, because the only blocks that might be helpful would be if they block the vigilante or the serial killer; if those roles don’t exist, or they’re are dead, it seems like if they block a doctor or GA or cop, even though he’s town friendly, he’s actually detrimental to the cause. If he targets the godfather, and then the godfather is either targetted by the vigilante or a detective, is the godfather killed/revealed? If there are two millers, if one targets the other, can the other not block anyone else?
Since there are potentially three deaths in a given night (one killed by mafia, one by SK, and one by vigilante), what happens if one of those is targetted by one of the other ones? Say the mafia targets the serial killer, does the serial killer’s hit still go off? What if by some miracle the serial killer and the vigilante target each other, do they cancel out, do they both die, or does one trump the other based on some criterion?
For the cops, do they know if they’re a detective or a beat cop, or is it that they are a cop, but they don’t know which type they are. If they’re investigating a type that shows up as the opposite (the godfather and the miller) and they’re a beat cop, I’m guessing they still have a chance to show up as what they actually are? Also, some of the jobs you didn’t mention what they show up as, for instance, would the serial killer show up as townie, scum, or as the specific role? If other cops are investigated, do they show up as townie, cop, or the specific type of cop?
pimaspinner, I think you and I will get along just fine. At the bar.
[QUOTE=Blaster Master]
Since there are potentially three deaths in a given night (one killed by mafia, one by SK, and one by vigilante), what happens if one of those is targeted by one of the other ones? Say the mafia targets the serial killer, does the serial killer’s hit still go off? What if by some miracle the serial killer and the vigilante target each other, do they cancel out, do they both die, or does one trump the other based on some criterion?
[/QUOTE]
Even if you are killed, your choice still goes though. Vig and SK target each other, they both die.
[QUOTE=Blaster Master]
For the cops, do they know if they’re a detective or a beat cop, or is it that they are a cop, but they don’t know which type they are.?
[/QUOTE]
They know what type of cop they are.
[QUOTE=Blaster Master]
If they’re investigating a type that shows up as the opposite (the godfather and the miller) and they’re a beat cop, I’m guessing they still have a chance to show up as what they actually are?
[/QUOTE]
I suppose it is possible. If they are going to get a wrong answer I am going to pick what role they see the player as at random, so I guess they could show up as what they really are.
[QUOTE=Blaster Master]
Also, some of the jobs you didn’t mention what they show up as, for instance, would the serial killer show up as townie, scum, or as the specific role? If other cops are investigated, do they show up as townie, cop, or the specific type of cop?
[/QUOTE]
If I didn’t specify, then the player shows up as what they are if investigated by a cop who is getting the correct answers.
Clear as mud? Good.
Feel free to keep asking questions if things are confusing.
[QUOTE=NAF1138]
Clear as mud? Good.
Feel free to keep asking questions if things are confusing.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I got it. What about my questions about the millers? Are they required to block, or is it optional? If one miller blocks another, can the other one not block? If they block the godfather, can he then be targetted by the sk or vig or correctly identified by a cop?
That’s it for questions, I swear!
[QUOTE=Blaster Master]
Thanks, I got it. What about my questions about the millers? Are they required to block, or is it optional? If one miller blocks another, can the other one not block? If they block the godfather, can he then be targetted by the sk or vig or correctly identified by a cop?
That’s it for questions, I swear!
[/QUOTE]
Whoops, I new I had forgotten part of your post. I actually wrote this up as part of my original response, but I missed it when I copy and pasted out of word. (for the spell checking.)
[QUOTE=Blaster Master]
For the millers, I’m unclear if they HAVE to block someone, because the only blocks that might be helpful would be if they block the vigilante or the serial killer; if those roles don’t exist, or they’re are dead, it seems like if they block a doctor or GA or cop, even though he’s town friendly, he’s actually detrimental to the cause. If he targets the godfather, and then the godfather is either targetted by the vigilante or a detective, is the godfather killed/revealed? If there are two millers, if one targets the other, can the other not block anyone else?
[/QUOTE]
They can use their power or not as they see fit. The way it works is the Miller will submit a player name to me, if that person is a power player there power won’t work that night. If the person is an ordinary Citizen then there will be no noticeable result. If a mafia member is targeted there is a 1/x chance (x being the number of living mafia members) that it will work. So if he targets the Godfather, and the Godfather is targeted by the Vigilante, the Godfather will still die.
[QUOTE=NAF1138]
Whoops, I new I had forgotten part of your post. I actually wrote this up as part of my original response, but I missed it when I copy and pasted out of word. (for the spell checking.)
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I’d figured as much; I got it.
[QUOTE=Queuing]
Rules Recap - for ease as the game is starting on this page
Mafia-these are the bad guys. There may be as many as 10 of them. They can talk to each other, but only at night. During the day they pass themselves off as townies. They vote to kill one person a night, but may vote no kill.
Godfather- The head mafia member. In case of a tie in the night kill vote the Godfather decides. Godfather shows up as a regular townie if investigated, will survive being targeted for night kill by the Vigilante.
The Miller- The miller is a role blocker, they select a person each night to stop from using their role assignment. The Miller is pro town, but will show up as scum if investigated. There can be up to 2 millers
Cops - there are 2 kinds of cop, detective and beat cop. Detectives are always right when they investigate, beat cops are only right 50% of the time. Cops cannot talk outside of the game. There can be up to 3 cops.
Serial Killer - anti town AND anti mafia player, may kill each night, but does not have to. SK wins if they are still alive at endgame.
Vigilante - pro town player who selects one person to kill each night. The vigilante must kill every night in search of the serial killer.
If the vigilante kills the serial killer the Vigilante becomes an ordinary citizen and a confirmed townie. If the SK is lynched or Mob Killed, the Vigilante becomes a citizen but does not get public confirmation of town status.
Masons - Ordinary citizens, but they each know the identity of the others. They may not speak outside of the game. There may be up to 6 masons.
The Doctor - May chose one person each night to save from being night killed. If investigated they show up as the Doctor.
Guardian Angel- A one shot deal. May chose 2 people to protect on a single night, but can only use this ability once. If investigated shows up as an Ordinary Citizen.
[/QUOTE]
I’d like clarification on what the Serial Killer and the Vigilante (before the Serial Killer is dead) show up as, please.
I know this was a bit burried and possibly unclear so…
[QUOTE=NAF1138]
If I didn’t specify, then the player shows up as what they are if investigated by a cop who is getting the correct answers.
[/QUOTE]
Vig and SK will be seen as Vig and SK
[QUOTE=glee]
I’d like clarification on what the Serial Killer and the Vigilante (before the Serial Killer is dead) show up as, please.
[/QUOTE]
According to the end of post 164, it looks like the vig will show up as the vig and the SK will show up as the SK.
[QUOTE=NAF1138]
If I didn’t specify [what the player shows up as], then the player shows up as what they are if investigated by a cop who is getting the correct answers.
[/QUOTE]
Is there room at the bar for another person? Heck, is the bar even still open this late?
Ok one more call to have anyone who hasn’t heard from me with their role PM me.
Not all of you have your PM turned on it seems, so I can’t send you a PM. I need to know if you are playing or if I have so put in some subs.
[QUOTE=NAF1138]
Vig and SK will be seen as Vig and SK
[/QUOTE]
It’d be funnier the other way around. ![]()
orders a drink for Kat
Don’t be silly, the bar’s open all night in this town.
Thanks, hocow. Next round’s on me.
You know, this must be how it feels to be on SURVIVOR, when they’re all in the boat and looking around at each other and waiting for The Probst to call “game on.”
Pass the whiskey.
Darkness √
Fog √
Fog Horn beeeoooooooo
Pub √
Stumbling drunks √√
You know, this is the kinda place a guy could get a souvenir back knife if he weren’t the careful type. I think I’ll stick with sasparilla.
Hope it’s not too late… I hate it when RL interferes with my gamings!
Bartender, Don Julio, right here… and keep 'em coming. If I can still remember my name, pour me another.
Sits in the corner and stares at everyone drinking at the bar
[QUOTE=Fern Forest]
√…√…√…√√
[/QUOTE]
Is it just me, or do these look like square root signs?