Well, since it appears she’s going to be out anyway, I withdraw my vote for Kythereia, but I’m unsure who I’ll replace her with at the moment.
joins Winston Smith in the pub to compare notes over a beer and some bacon-wrapped raisins
Well, since it appears she’s going to be out anyway, I withdraw my vote for Kythereia, but I’m unsure who I’ll replace her with at the moment.
joins Winston Smith in the pub to compare notes over a beer and some bacon-wrapped raisins
I was gonna say “ewwwwww” till I realized that such a snack would be a close cousin to one of the tastiest things I’ve ever eaten at a party. It was sliced kielbasa swimming in warm “bbq” sauce…or so I thought. Days later the hostess explained that the sauce was made by mixing grape jelly and dijon mustard in the crockpot, add kielbasa and heat for a few hours on low. :eek: :eek: But…damn yummy.
[QUOTE=Suburban Plankton]
joins Winston Smith in the pub to compare notes over a beer and some bacon-wrapped raisins
[/QUOTE]
Dude, don’t eat that. The pub has a rat problem.
What a waste of perfectly good bacon.
btw, are you sure those are raisins?
[QUOTE=MadTheSwine]
Seems like BS that the third person to post is a werewolf(something you made up) and unless you can show me that cite I will keep my vote the same.I’m not a gamblin man, but I’d bet the farm you are a werewolf.
[/QUOTE]
Ugh. I’m so used to this being an accepted thing that I don’t have the original link at hand. I’ll see if I can dig it up for you.
[QUOTE=ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies]
Hmmm…
An interesting Werewolf approach might be to only really vote late in the first day, despite who any of their previous votes may or may not have been for, once they’re more certain that their collective votes have a decent chance of swaying things one way or another.
I guess what I’m trying to say is…I shan’t be jumping on the Menocchio bandwagon.
[/QUOTE]
That would be a really poor strategy. Remember, when we lynch somebody, we find out what their role is. So if the Werewolves act too obviously in concert, when one is lynched, it would be easy to figure out who the rest of the Werewolves are.
[QUOTE=Revenant Threshold]
Still a day to change your mind and get your last minute votes in, people! If you’re still on the fence, now’s the time to hop off, speak your piece, and face the music. Moral of the story? Mixed metaphors can be worse than werewolves. Anyway, what appeared to be a landslide in favour of jsgoddess is now a less certain result.
[/QUOTE]
Okay, folks. Plant a vote on a leading bandwagon, because the worst possible thing we can do is fail to lynch someone. Anyone. If we do that, we literally gain no information. Right now, Menocchio, jsgoddess, and I are the vote leaders. Your vote should probably be on one of those three.
By the way, I’m totally making a set of Werewolf cards for party purposes. 
[QUOTE=JSexton]
Ugh. I’m so used to this being an accepted thing that I don’t have the original link at hand. I’ll see if I can dig it up for you.
[/QUOTE]
Seems like all the games would stop after the 2nd post if it’s so accepted.
[QUOTE=Rysto]
That would be a really poor strategy. Remember, when we lynch somebody, we find out what their role is. So if the Werewolves act too obviously in concert, when one is lynched, it would be easy to figure out who the rest of the Werewolves are.
[/QUOTE]
But they could make an early move in this first round and not risk being exposed until later. Even more of a win in their column if they happen to get lukcy and get someone like The Seer eliminated.
I’m casting my vote for Winston Smith. He has been careful to avoid an in-depth conversation, acting as if he’s drunk, trying to sidetrack discussion.
Or, really, I just need to vote for someone, and he already voted for me. 
[QUOTE=Ogre]
OK, I’m pitching a vote for Menocchio, since 1) he was very quick to jump on the “lynch jsgoddess” bandwagon, 2) leading me to suspect that jsgoddess is NOT a werewolf, and that since, if the werewolves can swing the votes, it would behoove them to (subtly) load up on a townsperson and therefore essentially get kills during the day AND night phases, Menocchio jumped a little too soon, and 3) because of this post:Seems a little too eager to make us all think he’s a Townie.
[/QUOTE]
So… You want me to spell out to the werewolves how to avoid detection?
[QUOTE=Menocchio]
So… You want me to spell out to the werewolves how to avoid detection?
[/QUOTE]
Wouldn’t matter either way. Google works for everybody.
I am going to officially vote for Menocchio. He was pretty quick to jump on that jsgoddess bandwagon, plus we have to pick someone and he’s currently in the lead.
[QUOTE=JSexton]
Okay, folks. Plant a vote on a leading bandwagon, because the worst possible thing we can do is fail to lynch someone. Anyone. If we do that, we literally gain no information. Right now, Menocchio, jsgoddess, and I are the vote leaders. Your vote should probably be on one of those three.
[/QUOTE]
from my reading of the breaking of day post, no lynch is not an option. most votes gets lynched, if it’s a tie, Rev chooses between them at random.
[QUOTE=Rubystreak]
Confused: does that mean Kythereia’s out due to lurkers being eliminated, plus whomever we choose to lynch? Or Kythereia is the person with the least posts, so she’s the one I pick?
[/QUOTE]
Plus. Kythereia is definetly out (unless she manages to start a whole new conversation in here in the next few minutes) plus whoever gets the most votes, plus the person that’s requested subbing.
And sorry, Richard Parker, it somehow got into my head that you hadn’t posted much. Apologies.
Less than four hours left now! If Menocchio’s your choice, sit back and relax. If not, vote away, still a good few people left to vote. If you want to change your mind, feel free to do so also. It looks like jsgoddess has been saved by a last-minute influx of votes.
I still have no idea who is or isn’t a werewolf, so I’m voting for the person who posted the least, and that’s smiling bandit. It seems like an objective criteria for the first go-round and I’m sticking to it.
At this point, there are only two groups who have any actual knowledge of the participants; the Masons, who know who the other Masons are, and the Werewolves. So logically, anyone who is getting large numbers of day one votes is most likely a townsperson (and they’re made of wood). Therefore, I’m not comfortable jumping on any bandwagons at this early stage. Besides, barring a call from the governor, it looks like Menocchio’s time is already up.
Of course, I won’t let that stop me from casting a vote anyway, random though it may be. Based on several man-hours of intensive study, I cast my vote based on the following discussion…
[QUOTE=Rubystreak]
What isn’t a scum tell?
[QUOTE=Kat]
Voting based on food preferences?
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
Lynch Kat!
Can we get a recap of how many werewolves and masons we have?
[QUOTE=ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies]
Can we get a recap of how many werewolves and masons we have?
[/QUOTE]
we were only told
[QUOTE=RevenantThreshold]
I’m starting in Day, because althought it means initial votes will be pretty much random, if we started at Night the werewolves would kill someone and they wouldn’t be able to play at all.
I’ll tell you which roles are in the game, because it’s the first time for most of you and I don’t want to confuse the situation by having hidden roles. Aside from the normal townspeople and werewolves;
=== On the side of the Townspeople, there is a Seer in the game. The Seer is able, once per Night, to email me the name of any other player. I will tell them what role that player has.
=== There’s also a Guardian Angel. The Guardian Angel can likewise email me a name each Night; however, the player they tell me will be safe from werewolf attacks for that Night, should the werewolves target them.
=== There are also Masons in the game. Masons are Townspeople who know each other and know that they are not werewolves. Sadly due to the throat-ripping, Masons are unable to meet at Night to talk… but they still know that at least some other people are certainly not werewolves.
=== The werewolves have an Alpha Wolf. In the event of a tie, the Alpha Wolf has final decision as to which player to kill during the Night. In addition, the Alpha Wolf will appear to be a Townsperson if the Seer investigates them.
[/QUOTE]
so we know one seer, one angel, one alpha wolf, several masons, several werewolves.