What a coincidence.

Oddly enough, on one of the forums here, we have a new member. This in itself is not unusual, we have folks joining us constantly. What I feel warrants mentioning is that this new person has appeared and made his only five posts on the eighteenth page of a topic. He professes no ulterior motives, but is picking up a discussion thread left on page 16 (or so) by a poster who has sworn that he is leaving. The title of the thread has no bearing upon the subject the Committee of State Security wishes to share thoughts.

I make no judgements, I am just expressing my amazement that a person interested in such things would just appear in the very spot a previous unstable sock-puppet had evacuated.

Small world.

‘This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased. Deny it.’ cried the Spirit, stretching out its hand towards the city. ‘Slander those who tell it ye. Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse. And abide the end.’
-C. Dickens

Well, duh, Doc, he was obviously drawn there by the title of the thread, which describes exactly the subject matter at hand. :wink:

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

Thank you for opening this thread, Fidelius. I couldn’t bring myself to post on the FE thread any more.

Ken, Phaedrus, KGB, Susy Q Homemaker, whoever you are, fuck off and die. Slowly and painfully, with your insecurities and hangups crammed sideways up your ass.

Oops. Sorry, Doc. I violated the air of decorum and politesse you had established.

Please accept my humble apologies.

I am amazed as well that a newbie who registered the exact day a Certain Poster “left” would wade through an 18-page moster of a GD thread and make a smug post in the same “voice” as our erstwhile Certain Poster. How very odd.

“…Mithras the Sun-God
He saved the world from Night,
And his immolation
Also brought salvation
To the men who sought the Light…” Happy Mithrasmas, all!

No apologies needed, andros.

Different styles only serve to accentuate the signal. It would be a very dull board if everyone used the same voice.

I’m not going to claim that I read the entire FE thread, because I sure as Hell did not read that entire fucking thread. 18 pages of a self-righteous windbag extolling creationism! And why did he post in tidbits like that? Extremely annoying pseudo-human. Just pass me the frikkin’ Ginsu knife so I can kill myself!

KGB is Phaedrus and insane. That is all.

Considering that his previous incarnation pretty much admitted he was a troll, the question now becomes whether he is just trolling for fun (again?) or he really “thinks” he is fooling anybody. Or, as I indicated, he is actually insane…

It’s obvious. He’s a fucking fruit loop.

>^,^<
KITTEN
Fluff yer hair Beula, I’s feelin frisky - M.S.

Actually, he has expressed a desire to discuss the neural network complexity problem. Oh, joy!

He has also threatened to pull out if David and the rest of us don’t keep a civil tongue.
After I dried my tears, I decided to take David’s advice and send this troll to Coventry.

Hope everyone does the same.

As the Cagey Bee is clearly a sad little game from a pitiful little man, I am not going to play this time, and would advise others to do the same.

I believe one can follow the course of the medication by the contents of the posts.

I thought about emailing all of you and asking you this, but I’m too lazy right now.

Could we all start dealing with Phaedrus in a very delicate matter because:

1. He’s very smart indeed.
  2. He’s done more in his lifetime than anyone else, ever!
  3. He’s absolutely insane.
  4. Do you really need another reason after that number 3?

Many of us on this board peered through his erudite facade weeks and weeks ago and were left gazing straight into the face of unabated madness - we must not spurn him, we need to cultivate and nurture Ken. It’s a fantastic, noble experiment - I think he adds immensely to this board.

I have a bone to pick with the good Doctor F. . .I thought your behavior on the Flat Earth Thread was spectacular, but I thought your motives were quite different than they apparantly were. As it seems from your opening of this thread, you were actually taking him for face value. How? His recent behavior seems to surprise you. Why?

I say we muster our strength and wits and see if we can drive him, not off this forum, but rather, totally and completely out of his mind right in front of us all for our amusement. I honestly think we could learn several things from him before he totally snaps. And if he doesn’t break, I think he has it in him to become a force for good, not evil.

Hell is Other People.

Sake;

All I can say is that I am incredibly naive, and far too willing to think the best of anyone.

As you may have noticed, I need to pound my head against a wall for much longer than the average bear before I learn avoidance behaviour.

From now on, I will endeavour to be a vicious, cynical bastard from the get-go. Just as manny of my compatriots here.

‘This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased. Deny it.’ cried the Spirit, stretching out its hand towards the city. ‘Slander those who tell it ye. Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse. And abide the end.’
-C. Dickens

::tapping cigar:: Who the hell is Manny, and why is he such a bastard?

Hell is Other People.

How does one do that? according to the FAQ, this board doesn’t have a twit filter. (Too bad; there are a few I’d use it on…)

Metaphorically, RTF. Just don’t reply to him any more. It’s a manual twit filter.

Works for me. Thanks!

Hey! Leave my mom out of this! (Vicious and cynical I’ll fess up to, though.)

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

MANNY PEOPLES ASK ME AN DNOW I WONDER. WHAT DO YOU THIK OF HTE TOW TRUCK INDUSTRY, GOOD OR BAD? AND WHY.

:::d&r!:::

StoryTyler
“Not everybody does it, but everybody should.”
I Spy Ty.

Ty! Where have you been, honey?