What are 10 good reasons to go vegan?

I’ve been thinking of making the change but kinda iffy about it…any vegans here?

1. If you go vegan, there’ll be more delicious meat and cheese left for the rest of us.
  1. You’ll have something to talk endlessly about
  1. You’ll get to be extra picky in restaurants greatly pleasing staff members.

Doesn’t seem to me to be something to go into if you are iffy about it. Major life change.

1. Your sallow complexion will light the way for your stinky meat eating friends on dark, moonless nights?

In all seriousness, if you can’t come up with your own reasons, it probably isn’t for you. If you want to go vegan, for whatever personal reasons you might have, go for it.

As an intermediate step, if you haven’t already, you might consider going vegetarian first, or just gradually decreasing the frequency that you eat animal products.

I initially wanted to for health reasons…I want clearer skin and more energy. I know someone who’s vegan and is always looking/feeling good.

I know, that’s why I’m so iffy…I love cheese:(

Oh, I wouldn’t, then. I have a friend who went vegan and she is frail and undernourished. Looks and acts like someone twice her age.

Really how long has she been one for?

Maybe ten years? I’m not sure. But she’s in her fifties and you’d think she was pushing 80. Gets sick a lot, is weak, no stamina.

Watching what you eat and getting exercise is what keeps you healthy. Going vegan is a way to watch what you eat, since if you don’t pay close attention you will eat yourself to malnourishment.
Cut back on processed foods, eat less over all, and get out and walk for a half-hour three times a week. You will be healthier and have more energy.

Maybe she was anorexic/not getting enough calories?

Sounds like a plan!

Instead of cutting out foods, why not just eat more fruits and vegetables?

For energy, find good sources of protein for breakfast. I’ve discovered that brown rice, eggs, and grilled salmon or tuna makes for a good energy-boosting breakfast. Instead of chips, snack on walnuts or sunflower seeds.

I know some vegans. Nice people. But to be a real vegan, you have to become anal-rentative. No more chocolate (contains microscopic bone fragments) or Skittles (gelatin) or honey (animal product). You become the pain in the ass at potlucks because you can’t trust that nothing’s been cooked with animal products. Traveling is difficult because you can’t trust that local cuisine doesn’t contain animal products. Some people consider it rude for a guest to constantly ask, “This doesn’t have meat/dairy/eggs, does it?” Maybe that’s insensitive of them, but that’s just how people are.

Veganism, therefore, isn’t just something you adopt casually. It requires an underlying philosophy and conviction beyond “I want my skin to look nice.” You’re better off just incorporating healthier foods in your diet and not “going” anything.

^ Thanks gonna look into all that while I’m out tomorrow.

Go without meat and fish for 3 months and see what you think before giving up cheese, dairy etc.
There are alot of good reasons for going vegetarian and vegan and they are well documented but first try it out a little. See if its for you.

I must know the wrong vegans.

The only good reason I can think of to go vegan is if you are truly committed to the idea ethically.

If, what you are interested in is healthy eating, there are a lot of things you can do that are less extreme than going vegan. Vegan is VERY difficult. Its hard to eat out. Its hard to be a dinner guest. Its hard to use any prepared foods.

If you want to try a “low animal product” diet that may be a lot easier to pull off. I know people who are “vegetarians at home” or “vegans at home” but will consume animal products out because “its easier” and because they aren’t ethical vegetarians, they are vegetarians for health reasons or relationship reasons (they live with a vegetarian or vegan).