What are the crumbs on the bottom of an English Muffin?

[QUOTE=Dominic Mulligan]

It’s impossible to enjoy anything with margarine.
[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I got tired of butter long ago because it tasted different every time and because it picks up tastes even when it’s well-wrapped. I’ve been using non-hydrogenated canola oil marg for years and it’s great.

I think I’m going to have to buy some crumpets. I haven’t had any in a long time.

[QUOTE=Quiddity Glomfuster]
I always go to grocery stores when I’m travelling. They have different stuff!
[/QUOTE]
Ooh, me too. That’s one of the pleasures I take in visiting different countries. I always go on a shopping trip the day before I’m leaving, and stock up on weirdness to take home. I am still using the mayo in a tube I got in Lyon last year, and I also got a can of “noix de saint Jacques”, which are scallops in some kind of sauce The brilliant thing was that the can came with a load of real scallop shells taped to it in which to serve the “noix” propely. How French can you get?

“A nice bit o’ crumpet.”

(I feel like a dirty old muffin just thinking that phrase."

[QUOTE=jjimm]
The brilliant thing was that the can came with a load of real scallop shells taped to it in which to serve the “noix” propely. How French can you get?
[/QUOTE]

On a mad whim I bought some snails in oil in a posh deli in Edinburgh, and the packaging contained empty snail shells. Beat that! :smiley: