[QUOTE=gigi]
One is that we are asked to bow during the Creed, at “He was born of the virgin Mary and became man”. Another is standing as we say “May the Lord accept the sacrifice at your hands…” rather than just after finishing that.
We don’t do it at my church, but my parents mentioned that at theirs, everyone remains standing after coming back from communion, until everyone is done.
I haven’t heard “And with your spirit” anywhere.
[/QUOTE]
That “And with your spirit” line comes right out of one of my old Missals - when the Latin Mass was in effect. Tell you what. Find an old Catholic in his early 70’s or beyond and say to him, “Dóminus vobiscum .” Without missing a beat, he’ll come back at you with “Et cum spiritu tu tuo.” It’s almost reflexive. 
I always thought that if I went to Roman Catholic Mass in one country, it’d be the same as it is in my hometown. Well, back in the 50’s it was—at least in Guantanamo City, Cuba and Springfield, Mass. The only difference was the language used in the homily.
But now look at us.
Bowing at that point you mentioned in the Creed and standing at the Washing of the Hands (Lavabo, as we called it in grammar school) is something I’ve been doing for years. Both are so directed in my Sunday Missal which is 8 years old. So I doubt these are among the 2006 changes authorized by Vatican.
Side note:
In no church I’ve ever been in - except maybe one, have we ever done anything but kneel (immediately) when we return from Communion.
Could the church of your parents be a Maronite church? I went to a Mass at one earlier this year, and they don’t kneel at all (which is fine). In fact, as a sign of their respect, or reverence, Maronites stand at the Consecration.
Nice talking to you, gigi. And thanks for your thoughts.