What are the sexiest songs?

Not romantic, and not necessarily explicit, but sexy.

Being an old codger kinda guy who more or less stopped following pop music in the late 80s, here are mine in no particular order.

Angel of the Morning by Merilee Rush. I think this was the first song where I understand a woman wanted sex from a man, and my adolescent self has never forgotten.

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack. For some reason I still think the line “kissed your mouth” is 10 times more erotic than “kissed your lips”. And don’t get me started on the sun and stars references.

Light as the Breeze by Billy Joel-- very odd and allegorical, perhaps a tale of obsession, perhaps the woman is some kind of succubus? Whoever or whatever she is, I want her bad.

I’m So Excited by The Pointer Sisters. What can I say, I love their enthusiasm. Also a great uptempo pop tune aside from the sexual connotations.

I’m sure you can suggest more,

“Something” by the Beatles.

I was 11 when Steve Miller’s Abracadabra was released, and to me it was like nothing I’d ever heard. I realize it was a function of my age and sheltered upbringing, but the song still stirs things when I hear it (and I’m not even attracted to women!). It just seemed incredibly “dirty” back then and I always felt like I was getting away with something when it came on the radio.

That’s an excellent choice!

Why Dont We Get Drunk and Screw by Jimmy Buffet. :wink:

Two Kate Bush songs.

The Sensual World
Feel It

Entrance of the Gladiators.

Hey, you have your kinks, I have mine. >_>

More seriously…

A Familiar Taste of Poison - Halestorm. (Go ahead and judge me…I have a weakness for unhealthy.)

My One and Only Love by the Johns…Hartman and Coletrane.

Lots of Eartha Kitt songs, esp. Santa Baby and C’est ci Bon.

Wicked Games by Chris Isaac.

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow by Gerry Goffin and Carole King/Shirelles

Be My Baby by The Ronettes

Almost anything by Barry White

Fever by Peggy Lee

Carla Bruni - Quelqu’un m’a dit

I think *Yes Sir, I Can Boogie *by Baccara is strangely sexual. Perhaps it was just my age, but as a young kid on the cusp of pubescence it was confusingly “stirring” in me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGuFn0RPgaE

Any reason the obvious Marvin Gaye isn’t being mentioned? Let’s Get it On and Sexual Healing are pretty obvious.

In these sexy song threads, I always offer Morphine’s You Look Like Rain: Morphine - You Look Like Rain - YouTube

So many by Prince it’s not even funny. Barry White.

No lyrics, but to me, the sexiest is Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue.

I think “Boombastic” by Shaggy is pretty sexy.

Hard to find any songs I find more sexy than the songs Boyo Jim originally posted but…

(I’m a female) and I think this Hozier song is so sexy. Reminds me of the sexy-hot bad boy I never should have let into my apartment, and never should have dated in my 20s. You have to listen carefully to the lyrics for the clever twist.

Also,
This version of Wicked Games by Gemma Hayes,

Almost anything by Sade.

The Ukulele Lady doesn’t allow any Laura Nyro when she’s in the house, referring to her as “that whore.” A lot of Nyro’s songs are overtly sexual; “The Confession” is literally a song about her clitoris.

She’s at her most seductive in “Captain for Dark Mornings,” from the New York Tendaberry album (1969). I love the long slow fade, wherein the singer seems to be drifting slowly out into a foggy sea on a dark morning…

Piece of My Heart:

Janis Joplin with Big Brother and the Holding Company

I’m male and hetero. Anna Laan’s “Paradise” As the song says, “nothing could be better than this”. I’ll be in my bunk.

This is not really romantic, and a bit explicit, but I do think it is sexy.

Cry Me A River, Julie London (with bonus awesome cover photo!)