What are you doing *right now*-- who can top this?

Right now, as I write this, I’m laying in bed naked, save for some black socks, at a Holiday Inn Express suite in Lansing, Kansas, eating Totino’s Pizza Rolls and drinking Tropicana Orange Tangerine juice straight from the carton.
My flight to Chicago doesn’t leave for another 6 hours.

So what are you doing right now? And does it conjur up a mental image more disturbing than the one above?

Happy

Juice straight from the carton - NOTHING can beat that!

I’m sitting at work on a slow work day, cruising the straight dope. I think it’s about time to go… get some coffee.

Be thou amazed at the wonders of my rock-n-roll lifestyle.

well, I’m sure I won’t win.
I, too am at work; the atmosphere is relaxed; we’re still eating leftovers from tuesday’s party
and I’m riffling thru a database searching for 6plus month old payments
oh joy oh joy :rolleyes:

Just had lunch and browsing Straight Dope.

After that back to working on permits!

I sure can’t top that. I’m at my uni’s radio station spending a much-needed afternoon goofing off. In theory, I should be looking some stuff up, but I can’t really be arsed.

And I’m dressed.

Robin

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

Oh come now, I can’t be the only person wearing nothing but black socks in a hotel room reading the boards.

Well, I don’t think I can beat naked but for socks on a hotel bed. But I’m sitting at my desk here in the master control room, reading the Dope and having a cup of tea. I think it’s time to go out for a smoke. I have to be back to press a button in 31 minutes.

Oh cripes, did you ever catch me at a good time.

I’m sitting here in my husband’s boxers and a purple tank top, with my hair gelled into a rough approximation of an Elvis hairdo. One arm, up to the elbow, is covered with peanut butter, and, completely by accident, glitter. There is one cat trying to sleep on my shoulder, and the other is trying to lick the peanut butter from my elbow. There is a jar of pickles smashed on the kitchen floor.

This situation has a perfectly logical explanation that I am so not in the mood to explain right now. It has also caused a very minor emergency. While I sit quietly and wait for my husband to come back from the bathroom with a warm, wet towel, I decided to return to the Dope to peruse. I’ve responded a few times already today, but this situation took all of five minutes to occur, and happened a few moments ago when I got up from the Dope to take a quick inventory of the ktichen cupboards before I went to the grocery store.

I’m typing one-handed, but not for that reason. It’s the peanut butter.

I’m dead serious.

If you’ll excuse me, I have a cat to fight off of my elbow.

Right now, thinking about how by the time you’re reading this, I’m just that many breaths closer to my inevitable death.

If only I was doing something productive between the time you read this and the inevitable death mentioned above, could I have to focus on something so negative.

Click, type, click, type (eye lids get heavy), click, type, answer phone (awaken slightly), repeat sequence all day, go home.

Again tomorrow.

I’m sitting at home, getting ready to go to sleep, because my wife, who I haven’t seen in 5 months due to an extension of my military service (stop loss), arrives in the morning to spend the holidays here in Europe with me. That’s got to count for something! :wink:

Oh, and I probably won’t be posting much for the next week or so. :smiley:

Same here. Just substitute Mountain Dew.

Alright, I think Anastasaeon is giving me a run for my money.

Now I’ve taken a shower, and am sitting here with just a t-shirt and white socks on. Still drinking the juice. And I’m trying to figure out how much to leave the maids for a tip. I’m thinking $14.

But were the Pizza Rolls microwaved or cooked properly in an oven? 'Cause if they were microwaved, that’s even worse. They lose their crispy texture if they’re microwaved.

I’m at work, dressed and bored. Happy, you and Anastaseon are definitely winning.

What is it about hotel rooms that seem to take us back to childhood? You know, doing whatever you like, especially if you’re not supposed to, and giggling?

Well, I’m in a hotel, so…they were as soft and soggy as my-- well, let’s just say they were soggy.

I dunno. I think slotar’s winning. Well, ok maybe Anasteon has him…er…beat. But at least he knows what to do when you’re naked.

I’m at home, just finished making a smiley menorah.

I’m boring. I just got the kids down for nap/quiet time, after a morning of frosting Chrsitmas cookies (because we need more sugar in this house) and then lunch. I’m fully clothed, if slightly frosted. After I’ve unwound a bit, I’ll go start putting a baby quilt together; the blocks are all finished and I’m going to sew them together today.