What are you doing right now?

Yeah, I know, but maybe he had never run into the situation before where there was no tip on the card but the customer gave a cash tip. I’m just touchy about it because I meet people all the time who think it’s perfectly ok to not tip or tip a miniscule amount. One of my friends gets delivery all the time and does not tip and I cannot even argue with him about it anymore because he will not budge and neither will I and I’m afraid bad things would come out of that argument if I pressed it any further than I already have. Personally I think tipping is dumb; waiters, delivery people, hair stylists, etc should all just be paid a living wage IMO but since the majority ruled long before I came around and tipping is the custom, TIP!

This is how I try to describe the tipping the delivery guy situation to anyone rational enough to listen (that excludes my friend from the paragraph above): My grandmother used to get delivery when she ordered pizza, and she always tipped $5. This was back in the 80s and 90s when $5 was a good tip. Grandpa didn’t like tipping the delivery guy, so you know what he did when he ordered? He went and picked it up!

Ok, I would say end hijack but is it even possible to hijack a thread this mundane and pointless? :slight_smile:

I’m drinking vodka and Diet Pepsi and thinking about getting ready for bed.

I’m almost too tired to put on my pajamas but I don’t like sleeping in my clothes unless I have to.

Update: now I’m watching “My Name is Earl”.

Shoot, we’re supposed to do updates?

The Mets won (whoohoo!) so I’m watching a syndicated Two and a Half Men episode now. The windows have been closed (after Duncan moved himself), and the puppy is smooshed up next to me. A couple of cats have occupied the cat tree.

Updates?! What’s this, TwitterDope?

At the nonce I am finishing a bottle of Killer Low Life, scratching my itchy scalp, and contemplating retiring. (Only for the night.)

Update: Tonight is the season premiere of The Office ! I’m watching that next. :smiley:

Listening to “Deep Water” by Charon and considering going to bed.

Drying off after a shower, avoiding the essay notes I took today, playing some music over the speakers, checking my email, and playing a crossword online. And possibly getting something to drink.

:slight_smile:

Talking online with a girl I’ve been flirting with for 2 weeks and drinking Busch. It’s going to be an interesting night.

Okay, here’s my update.

I finally got into my red plaid flannel pajamas. I’m considering one more vodka before I go to bed.

I envy all y’all watching TV.

I don’t have a TV that gets more than one channel, and even if I did, I can’t concentrate long enough to actually watch TV. It’s pretty amazing honestly that I can focus on the Straight Dope. Must be pretty good… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hoovering up oddball seventies music featuring female vocalists, eating two spring rolls, and cuddling the dog. Who really wants a spring roll. And surfing the Dope, of course.

Don’t envy us. Pity us. :frowning:

Aw, dude, it can’t be that bad!

See, I spent the last few days out of town stuck in a hotel room. We had cable and really, for what it was worth it rocked! Best part of having to be there in my opinion.

I am a total fan of the Weather Channel. Seriously, that is a cool channel. I was thoroughly engaged. I mean, it’s not like I’d never seen it before but again, I don’t get any of those channels here so it was a treat. I also think that the takeout food enhanced the experience. I never let myself eat that stuff at home and it was simply grand! :smiley:

Posting to the Dope, checking in on the $UC/OSU game. If the enemy loses, I’ll celebrate with a margarita. If the enemy wins, I’ll drown my woes in the whole bottle of tequila.

Update the last:

True Blood on HBO is turning out to be pretty darn excellent viewing, but I’m tired, and HBO reruns stuff all of the time.

The puppy is snoring in the dead cockroach position at the moment, but I’ll wake him up and take him outside to pee a final pee as soon as I finish this post. The older dog and most of the cats have disappeared, presumably to steal my half of the bed.

Then a drink of milk because I’m thirsty, and off to bed.

Drinking a can of Squirt left over from my cousin’s wedding and waiting for my daughter to finish watching “Total Drama Island” so she can put on her PJs, call her dad and go to bed.

Guess I better go juice some limes!

One hand: surfing the dope!

Other hand: holding a rope with a growling, drooling puppy on the other end…

I dare you to ask him how the search for the real killers is going.

Oh, man, that took me a minute but I just got that. I was like, what do killers have to do with orange juice? Anyhow, very funny!:smiley: