What bad things might happen if same-sex couples get married?

<total hijack>

Here’s a little experiment that you can try at home:

[ol]
[li]Turn off all radios on your cell phone.[/li][li]Note the time according to your phone’s clock.[/li][li]Power down your device via the phone’s power button.[/li][li]Remove the battery.[/li][li]Wait 30 seconds.[/li][li]Re-insert the battery.[/li][li]Power the device on.[/li][li]When the device has booted back up, note the time again.[/li][/ol]

I just tried this on my Blackberry 8320. The clock did not reset. It obviously has some kind of CMOS with an attached battery that provides a trickle charge to prevent the clock from resetting due to a loss of power and network connectivity, ala the button battery on a PC system board.

While it’s unlikely that the internal battery would have enough juice to power a GPS or GSM radio for any significant length of time, it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

Who’s the idiot?

</total hijack>

Um, because he’s calling magellan01 an idiot, when Snowboarder is the idiot?

Four cites, actually, but what the hell does this have to do with marriage?

And he didn’t say anything about the government being evil; that sounds more like you, anyway.

Not much, but that’s still about a bazillion times more than any of magellan01’s tormented scribblings.

NONE of his cites said what he claimed. But your not interested in facts, are you?

Snowboarder’s status is relevant to a thread about how much of an idiot magellan01 is because?

Actually, they did.

And this is STILL not relevant to people getting married. At all.

How soon before college starts again? It’s gonna be a long summer.

Well, Snowboarder called magellean01 an idiot, and then Carol Stream said Snowboarder was an idiot too 'cause of what he said over on that other thread, and then Lobohan called Carol Stream an idiot 'cause of something… or other… or… shit, I don’t know, and I started this thread in the first place.

Nothing. **Cretin Stream **is desperate to derail a thread that is going badly for the marriage nazis.

Well, let’s get started with a devil’s advocate argument:
If gays get married, then what’s to prevent two guys from marrying each other and fraudulently obtaining marriage benefits?

Which one, doofus? Surely if it’s true, you can cite it. Right?

Nothing. But, that risk exists for hetero marriage also. How many men and women marry solely for the benefits? Why would the rate be higher if same sex marriage was allowed? The down side is enormous also; eventually, these marriages of convenience would sour, then somebody files for divorce and the community property hits the fan.

And what’s to keep them from indulging their pedophilia (which all the gays have) by tracking children through their cellphones?

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! I know, I know!
Because** Carol Stream** is an idiot?

Really, dude, go get your own pit thread.*

*Carol Stream, not The Tao’s Revenge.

What bad things could happen? Well, what bad things couldn’t happen, I ask you? Betcha people will stub their toes on doorframes. Betcha a million dollars. Let that be a warning to you all.

Was there something preventing you from disputing his point in the thread it actually occurred in?

But what if they get past that, only to break their necks on the stairs?

How about that, smart guy? Huh? Huh?

Sorry, I just keep seeing the good things.

Like even with adoption, I’m bound to save a few bucks on workplace baby showers.

Continuing with the devil’s advocacy: some people would regard marrying a friend of the same sex as less significant or real than marrying one of the opposite sex, and thus same-sex unions would be more likely.