What bizarre things do you have?

I’m gonna guess that my fully-functional lava lamp doesn’t count.

Groovy.

A kapala.

And a dried frog.

It only counts if it’s real lava.

A copy of the Codex Seaphinianus.

:: glances around ::

That’s about it.

T-Bone Walker’s autograph on an 8x10.

An A-1 Beer tooled leather purse from the 1940s, probably the only one in existance.

Rene Belbenoit’s autograph. He escaped from Devil’s Island.

Barry Goldwater for President button. My mom wore it.

A pack of Zig-Zags that I bought in 1972.

A set of color slides from 1952 depicting a young serviceman visiting his family. I have absolutely no idea who these people are, but the pictures are great.

A hundred year old footstool that says on the bottom: This stool belongs to Merle J. Grindle.

Arrendajo My son has one of those too - it escaped from its tank in roughly 2002 and we found when moving in 2009 under a heavy wooden filing cabinet. It is perfectly mummified and it’s colours are still beautiful - how do you display yours?

Lots of family heirlooms about, but those aren’t weird. How about the picture frame made from the tip of a propeller from a P-51? The guy who gave it to me nicked the finial of a flagpole on a low pass, and they found the piece that ripped off. Or my oosik? Or the banderilla I brought back from Spain over 40 years ago?

I have a near mint condition antique dentists chair, with fully functional hydraulics. It is all my son wants as far as inheritance is concerned.

My gf has two complete seats from the old Three Rivers Stadium. (Her ex bought them at auction)

I have a part from a spy satellite that didn’t make it up. It has the launch date engraved on it, so I was able to look it up and find out what model it was and why it crashed.

A jewelry box made from wood that my great grandfather plucked out of the ocean when he was recovering bodies from the Titanic.

Nothing to contribute, but I’d love to see a pic of those dragon masks.

A coprolite (fossilized dinosaur dung).
A working slide rule.
An 8" floppy disk.
The unauthorized Ace edition of Lord of the Rings

I have everything Reality Chuck lists – except I’ve got a lot of slide rules. Including a cylindrical one.

I’ve also got

**A Carbide Lamp

A life-sized Dalek model

A WWII Japanese Officer’s Sword

A Complete set of Richard Burton’s “Arabian Nights” from the 19th century

A Wax Writing Tablet

A 19th Century Brick Mold (and a matching brick) that i found in the ground

Laser Propulsion Targets

A 1 foot tall antique Hourglass

What I Suspect is an original Engraving by Hogarth that I bought for $3

a copy of Fantastic Four #1**

I have a piece of furniture that looks to all outward appearances to be a sort of small table, but is in fact the housing for a chamber pot. It does not contain the actual pot (I’m not sure whether to say “fortunately” or “unfortunately”).

I have a 19th Century mechanical apple peeler. Just stick the apple on the prongs, turn the crank and a blade slices all the skin off.

Got lots of power and telephone/telegraph insulators, aka “Jewels of the Line.”

I’ve got a Compaq portable PC in the garage. Portable…HA! The thing weighs a good 15-20 pounds or so. One of these days, I need to find a DOS boot floppy (5") and see if the thing even works.

Heh. When I started the thread I was going to say something like ‘Sure, everyone has a fossil or a left-handed apple peeler…’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, I have a new apple/veg peeler/corer. I haven’t used it in over a year, because I haven’t made apple pie. It’s a great thing to have, since the apples on my tree are tiny (and not much good for anything).

I have an autographed baseball – autographed by a bunch of old-school professional wrestlers (Hawk & Animal, Iron Sheik, George Steele, etc…)

A human skull.

The umbilical chords of two kittens that I rescued many years ago.