What can I do with leftover pancakes?

This. The batch of batter is sitting, awaiting the deployment and conversion into pancakes. But no one wants any more. So, if I use up the batter, make a bunch of pancakes, then what can I do with them? Something easy?

Put them in the fridge and reheat later. Or use in place of bread to make sandwiches.

Make the pancakes. Let them cool. Wrap them in plastic wrap. Put them in the freezer. Then when you want a pancacke, you take it out of the freezer and put it in the toaster.

My dad used to make a ton of pancakes and french toast - this is what we did with leftovers after we were done eating. Seriously - it’s sometimes nice to have a pancake for breakfast on a day when you wouldn’t want to make a whole bunch or are in a hurry.

I pop 'em into a Ziplock baggie and freeze them, and then pop 'em into the toaster for quick and easy pancakes on busy mornings.

They freeze and thaw out really well. Personally, I microwave mine.

What everybody is saying. Never any legitimate reason to throw out perfectly good pancake batter.

Well, if the house starts burning down before you finish griddling the pancakes, I guess that would be legitimate.

Edible dog Frisbees.

Wonderful answers. Thanks. I’ll do it. (But what are edible dogs, and why do they like frisbees?)

Add some oil/butter and some sugar, if necessary thicken it up with some extra flour, and make waffles.

ETA: I guess that doesn’t help if you’ve already made the pancakes, in which case nevermind (I just prefer waffles).

Then take the waffles, let them cool, put them in a plastic bag and freeze them. When you want …you know the rest.

Now I’m in the mood for cold pancakes rolled up with butter and jam.

Like others, I put leftover pancakes into a zip-top bag and put them in the freezer. Reheat in the microwave oven.

In addition to/instead of freezing for later, you can also make a neat layer cake out of pancakes. Put a pancake on a plate, smear on some raspberry jam, top with another pancake, smear on some chocolate frosting, top with another pancake, smear on some raspberry jam…repeat layers until just before the tower topples. Sprinkle some powdered sugar over the whole shebang, or use cake frosting to frost the outside.

Alternate fillings include lemon curd with or without blueberry jam, sliced strawberries and nutella, or any other thing you like in cake.

This works best with fairly thin, even pancakes, not thick fluffy ones.

Kids get a real kick out of this, and it’s an impressive looking layered cake that’s super easy to make.

I stick them in a bag in the freezer and later reheat them in the toaster oven.

Zowie! I think even I could do that!

The Southern baker in me has to point out cakes like that aren’t made of pancakes, but are “little layer cakes” made with a true cake batter and are baked in the oven

But I bet it could make a neat treat with leftover pancakes, even if it’s different. :wink:

I once made a chocolate cake (baked in the oven) with pancake batter.

Make ice cream sammiches.

We just save 'em til later and eat 'em with jam, cold.

Make savory pancakes with chopped onions, cilantro, jalapenos and feta cheese (really important!). And eat for lunch or a snack. Reheats well and does not feel like breakfast food at all.