What countries have you been to?

Looks like I’m the only Doper who has been to the Congo.

The ones not on the list I can think of off the top of my head are

Malta
Congo Republic (Brazzaville)
Grenada
The Bahamas
Liberia

and a bunch of other Caribbean island which might or might not be countries - I’d have to check.

Others: St. Kitts and Nevis, Grenada

Reading through the responses, Grenada is surprisingly popular so far.

I was on both islands at St. Kitts and Nevis. Anyone else here been to Nevis?

My visit to Belgium was within the letter of the rules, but perhaps not the spirit. I changed trains in Brussels on my way from France to Germany. I think I stepped out of the train station to look around, but it was night and the only thing I could see was the building across the street.

My visit to France is similar: I took a train from Switzerland to Dunkerque, to take the ferry to England, and walked from the train to the ferry, so (technically) set foot in France. I should visit again and spend longer there – and perhaps see more than that one city.

I should add also that I’ve been to the Vatican, though I feel that hardly counts as a real country.

Canada
Malaysia
Mexico
Netherlands
Philippines
Republic of China (Taiwan)
Spain
United Kingdom
United States

At present, I’m the lone vote for 3 countries, one of which surprises me (India), and the other two a bit less surprising (Sri Lanka and the Yemen, which I visited when they were called Ceylon and Aden, respectively).

I’ve also been to Finland and Denmark.

While my travel in the States is extensive (36/50 plus DC), I’ve only been to four countries: US, Canada, UK and South Korea.

Plus Jamaica, Luxembourg, and (sort of) Iceland.

No it wasn’t. It was called the western, more developed 60% of Czechoslovakia. The eastern 40%, a related people called the Slovaks speaking a closely related language, felt like the unwanted stepchildren of the Czechs, and separated from Czechoslovakia in 1990 or so as the independent Republic of Slovakia.

Pope John Paul II’s mother was born in Austria-Hungary. He was born in Poland. But they were born in the same place.

I think my only Others were Oman, The Gambia and the United Arab Emirates

My others are Jamaica, The Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, and the Cayman Islands (are they an independent country or a dependency?).

I didn’t see the “other” option earlier, so put me down for Nassau.

I’m a pretty poor reader it seems, I missed Spain, Canada, and a couple of others.

I’ve also been to Ireland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Andorra, Gibraltar, Austria, and San Marco.

UK
Netherlands
France
Belgium
Luxembourg
Germany
Spain
Italy
US
Canada
Thailand
Vietnam
Cambodia
Malaysia
Singapore

You were there, you tell us! :smiley:

(Dependency)

Geography geek here, would love to go to any, and I mean any country, but so far only Canada and the US.

(However, we are planning a trip this summer* which will take us through more US states for me to check off the list as well as my remaining 4 Canadian provinces. Plus, as a capper, I hope to hop the ferry from Newfoundland to St. Pierre and Miquelon so that I can add a third country to my “travelled to” list.)

• Hoping to take this trip anyways, it was just announced at our company a few minutes ago that our office will be closing down in May or June - not a surprise as we knew for over a eyar that we’d be closing, latest estimates were “before the fall”, but this is the latest, latest estimate, and before my trip.

US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Ireland (my other), France, Turkey, Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria.

Me too, plus Ireland and Jersey (not sure if this counts as a country, but it is definitely not part of the UK).

Similarly, my stay in Belgium was limited to exploring a truck stop on a coach trip from the UK to Poland.

US, UK(England, Scotland & Wales), Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand.

12, in order of first visit:

United States
Canada
Mexico (30 minutes in Juarez)
China (PRC)
Germany
Netherlands
Switzerland
France
United Kingdom
Spain
Portugal
Russia

I hope to add another 8 to 10 countries this year.

Republic of China (Taiwan)
Singapore
Malaysia
Thailand
Myanmar (Burma)
Laos
Cambodia
Vietnam

Possibly Indonesia and South Korea

I marked

Canada
Germany
Italy
Japan
Mexico
Thailand
US
Venezuela

I have also been to Jamaica, Belize, and the Cook Islands. It’s kind of depressing how little I have traveled when compared to how much I want to travel.