What do you think, should I get a pixie cut?

I think you definitely have the facial features necessary to make a short cut look good; big eyes, high cheekbones, very smiley face. Go for it, what’s the worst that can happen?

You are just the cutest thing ever, I bet you could rock a bald head and still be gorgeous (like Natalie Portman!). Do it, IMO! I’m not nearly as cute or shapely as you, and I got a very short haircut a few months ago. I’m trying to grow it back out now, but I’m still glad I did it.

I think you would look nice with a Pixie. When you had them in the past, how was the upkeep? I find short hair has been more time consuming than longer hair.

Ha! A Facebook friend (who I don’t often see IRL) just took that first picture to her stylist. I would definitely describe her as “young and funky”.

I say go for it! I would love to be able to pull off a pixie, but I lack the big eyes and cheekbones, plus I have a propensity to wear t-shirts and converse. I’d probably look like my kids’ big brother.

I say no, don’t do it. After looking at the three photos you posted, it is very obvious to me why it wouldn’t work for you. I suspect you know as well but, as I am not in the business of making people feel badly, especially on a public message board, if you want to know my reasons you can PM me…or not.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Do you think she’s ugly? Don’t make me get the hose.

If you’d like to know how I feel about this post, just PM me and I’ll tell you!

This is entirely inappropriate, tactless, and wrong. She has striking, symmetrical features. She’s beautiful and would be so bald.

I like your hair on the longer side.

I understand what you are saying too about not having time for the full glamour/grooming routine now that you have a baby. I always feel that, WRT my own hair, the shorter it is, the more makeup I need. I’m by nature a lazy slug, so I tend to keep mine a little longer. I doubt it helps anywhere except in my own mind, though.
ETA: Agree with others, you are lovely with any length. My favorite was the one as it is now.

Pixie cuts are cute, go for it

I have had my hair short and long, and I agree with others who say that short hair might actually need more upkeep. For some reason I felt like I needed slightly stronger eye-makeup when my hair was shorter. Also my hair tends to be a bit wavy so cutting it short makes it stick up in unpredictable directions in its natural state.

You have lovely features, though, and maybe your hair is better behaved than mine. :slight_smile:

I worked in cosmetic sales for many years and thus kind of got used to looking at facial features and giving “beauty” advise. I think you would look great with a pixie cut, you do have very good features for it. I would think you’d want a little bit of some kind of hair product just scrunched in it in the morning, in my opinion that takes the old lady look out of it :).

You’ll good with any haircut but i gotta say the one with the longest hair is down right gorgeous, do lots of that.

The three of you have jumped to entirely false conclusions about my post, but that’s fine. No, Rachellelogram, I don’t believe she is ugly.

You’ve got a good thing going. Don’t mess with it.

You know, this reminds me of my dear, departed mother. My dad would call her from work in the middle of the day, just to chat. And every now and then, when he’d ask how things were going, she’d respond, “Well… I have some bad news… but it’s probably better if I tell you in person. It can wait until you get home.” And no matter how much he pressed her to at least give him a general idea of what it was about, she refused, insisting that she didn’t want to upset him during work. So he had to spend the rest of the day, sweating bullets, wondering whether someone died or the sink was backed up or what.

He finally pointed out to her that hinting at the problem was far *more *upsetting than just telling him what it was, and asked her, if she didn’t want to talk about it until he got home, why did she even mention it? She said, “Well, you asked me how things are going, and I didn’t want to lie!” So he stopped asking.

All of this is to say that, though you may not be in the business of making people feel badly, you’re doing a bang-up job of it pro bono. If you really wanted to impart your opinion in a sensitive way, you would have sent her a PM about it, rather than playing “I’ve got a secret!”

Seriously, OP. You’re gorgeous. The only “obvious” reason I can think of that you wouldn’t want a pixie cut is that you might then be cuter than your baby. And that’s just not cool.

I’ve gotta say that that baby in the first photo has adorable cheeks! But she’s really too young to be drinking chardonnay, don’t you think?

I really like pixie cuts, but I tend to agree with those posters suggesting that a pixie cut might not be the best in this case. I do think the third image, of the shortest cut the OP has had, is very nice, and actually my favorite of the three haircuts. But that’s as short as I would go.

I’m not a fan of the long cut, but the current cut is quite nice, too.

Anyone else read this incorrectly the first time through?
mmm

I’m not convinced about the pixie look but even if it doesn’t suit you you’ll still look lovely while it grows out.

Or you could borrow my hat again.