What do you use as your browser default/home/start page?

Why “ncr?” Because I travel frequently and Google always wants to show me the host country’s website. “No Country Redirect” means it remains on the default English site.

PBS News. I really don’t pay much attention to it though so it might be good to change to something else.

I’m on twitter and reddit a lot more than I used to be so I may consider one of those for a change.

I use the Google home page because it is a quick load and because I normally use Google several times a day.

Default page is google, since I use Chrome and see no reason to change it. I open some pages almost every day by starting to type the url, like nyt.com and washingtonpost.com. Why not keep the tabs open? Because I use tabs a bit like a “to-do” system and want to keep it tidy.

I open a bunch of online comics daily by right clicking the bookmark folder and choosing “open all”.

Years ago I used My Yahoo. Eventually I used that less and less and now I just open Chrome’s default page which has the half dozen pages I use most right there.

Google

Do you notice a big increase in loading time between, say, a blank google search page and your fully tricked out Protopage?

1. Yahoo!
  2. Email (WebMail)
  3. Intellicast (weather)
  4. SDMB

“Home Page” is Yahoo!

I don’t really have a home page, clicking Home in Firefox just takes me to the Firefox start page, which includes pinned and commonly visited sites.

Google. Loads fast and sometimes I’m actually even opening my browser to look stuff up.

Nope. Instantaneous in both cases. Everything on my protopage is a link. Just text. Not pictures or video. Nothing to slow down opening. And that applies to my kindle as well as to my computer with 16G of RAM.

“Open tabs from last time” or “continue where you left off”.

I use igHome, customized to my tastes. It is very similar to the old IGoogle home page.

My home page is Facebook.

At home, I have the “upcoming episodes page” I maintain on the Simpsons Archive website.

At work, I use the National Weather Service local forecast page (type in your ZIP code in the upper left box, then save the resulting page’s URL)

I use a text file on my hard drive that I typed in, with pasted-in URLs from about 20 of my favorites. It always loads very fast and there are no ads.

At works it’s my university’s home page. At home it’s Google News.

Open previous tabs.

Google. A search bar is all I ever need.