What *else* are you doing while you're online?

PBS is on the tube, I’m rocking the baby as she’s eating grapes, trying to get her into her nightgown, and type this up too.

The point is, I’m rarely just online at any given time…I’m usually online and doing any number of other things that need to be done at that moment.

The baby is now drinking her bottle on the couch, and I’m packing a computer monitor to be shipped out tomorrow.

What are you doing?

Kalél
Common ¢ for all ages…
The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy. It will however, make cats dizzy. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.

Scportcenter, Sportscenter, and more Sportscenter.

Oh, and procrastinating

As of this moment, I’m typing away (HA,HA) (sorry, I couldn’t help it). Seriously,it’s kind of late and all I’m doing is thinking about what I’m doing up at this hour.

I’m listening to an archived radio program over the net and taking notes…

Contestant #3

What, is there anything else to do besides checking the SDMB?

BTW, the SDMB IS the Internet, right?

Men will cease to commit atrocities only when they cease to believe absurdities.
-Voltaire

I was doing my Spanish homework. Now i am looking at obscure web pages. For the past few nights i have been anxiously awaiting the next update of the Terragen landscape rending program (this version will have reflective and i think transparent water…yay!)

on ICQ and checking SDMB…listening to music (jazz if you care to know). going to drag my laptop to the kitchen and make some breakfast…Laptop goes everywhere…thank God!
And no I do not have a life

Unforgiven

Gypsy,
I’m with ya’ on this one…my laptop goes everywhere with me…Things I do while i’m on the SDMB:
Watch Court TV (I’m a junkie)
Cook
Clean
Work
Surf E-bay and post new auctions (my newest hobby)

An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; A pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.

here are some of my multitasking items while on TSDM (Preemptive multitasking not cooperative)

-cooking
-looking at other sites
-Downloading patches and updates
-working
-ICQ/Microsoft Instant Messanger
-Watching/listening to the history channel/dicsovery/food tv
-listening to cd’s
-grocery shopping online

To deal with men by force is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion.

Some of the things I do while using the WWW.
Listen to radio or CDs.
Read.
Cook and/or eat.
Pay bills.
Check email.
Chat on ICQ.
Clean my room.
Do laundry.

::grin:: Wouldn’t you like to know. :wink:

Right now, smoking, drinking a Mr Pibb in my jammies. Hubby’s asleep, snoring in sharp bursts from the bedroom. My dog is twitching in her sleep on the floor behind me. It doesn’t look like a nightmare, so I think I’ll won’t wake her. Maybe she’s chasing the mailman again, and gaining. It’s a nice night, so I have the window open. I’m listening to my 13 year old neighbor’s party. His mom and dad are gone, and he has about twenty kids over there. For the last 40 minutes he has played the same rap song over and over and over. Now I’m at the point of mornbid curiosity, so I’m going to stay up and keep marking down how many times he plays it.

I focus on reading and responding but there is music in the background. I am always combing this site for story ideas, characterizations, plots. You folks are a wealth of information to me! My post of “Mixed Metaphors” netted me enough for the entire book. And the post “What turns you on” gave me a plethora of ideas for romantic interludes.

So I am here, focused, but away dreaming. What could be better?

The moon looks on many flowers, the flowers on but one moon.

Generally speaking, I have the following applications open:
Eudora (mail)
Netscape (usually 6 or 7 windows at least)
Paint Shop Pro
Notepad (for html work)
One of several HTML editors
FTP Pro
SecureCRT (kinda like telnet)
Distributed.net
SETI@home
Webcam32

Often I also have:
VisualRoute
mIRC
one of several other graphics utilities

I’m generally working in all of them. I have a 17 inch monitor set at 1280 x 1024 so I can look at quite a few windows at once.

On the web I generally have open:
my cam response window and/or my cam chat room
my voice chat room
one or more of these forums: Pub Moe, Storm Drain, SDMB, Webcam32 Forum, TopCams Forum, Jasbits Forum, or one of several individual cam fan forums
one or more of these clubs: CamGirls, Web Designers, Web Judges, Webring, Jenny Craig Online Support Group, Blade Pro Users, ICQ Skins

I also play around & write articles at bla-bla-com

Several times a day I check on the webrings that I founded, mainly The CamGirls Ring and the SDMB Reg Ring

Um… I do a lot of other stuff on the computer too…

In addition, I usually am watching TV or listening to music, taking care of my son, letting the dog out, fielding phone calls from clients, and picking lint out of my belly button.

>^,^<
“Cluemobile? You’ve got a pickup…”
OpalCat’s site: http://opalcat.com
The Teeming Millions Homepage: http://fathom.org/teemingmillions

Smoking.

Enjoying glass of Minute Maid Berry Punch.

Scratching myself.

Reading my newsgroups.

Hanging out in chatrooms with my other screen name, “Biff McHungHuge.”

Tim
“My hovercraft is full of eels.”

Boy, did I learn a lot from this thread!

Now I’m tempted to just open up as much stuff as I can and see what happens.

Normally, it’s just SD, e-mail, ICQ, and the Demon version of a solitaire game.

This minute, I’m smoking, on my 4th Pepsi of the day, hubby’s watching King Kong on AMC, dog’s on the front porch sleeping, cats are wandering aimlessly – getting ready for their nightly WWF which will leave tufts of gray fur all over the carpet.

Waiting for an e-mail response from a friend in Texas who sent a photo of a body part to her one-list group and wants us to identify it. (?)

My guess was an old smallpox vaccination scar – but it might be a home attempt at tattoo removal.

I’ll let ya know.

I have much too short of an attention span to be ONLY on the internet and not doing something else. At the moment I am:

*typing this down (that’s relatively easy to figure out)
*listening to my friend jabber on the phone- I’m not really talking cuz I can’t get a word in edgewise
*Listening to Rage Against the Machine
*trying to figure out if my parents are talking about me in those serious voices
*writing a song about my friends never-ending chatter
*eating apples (yummm…)

And the best thing is that I could do this all night long if I pleased…NO SCHOOL TOMORROW! I’m just a little happy about that

{{{Waiting for an e-mail response from a friend in Texas who sent a photo of a body part to her one-list group and wants us to identify it. }}}—Auntie Pam

If you need help… :smiley:

A fellow Pepsi Lover! Kewel!

Kalél
Common ¢ for all ages…
“Well, there was that thing with the Cheese-Wiz…but I’m feeling much better now!” – John Astin, Night Court

Usually drinking.

EnigmaOne – turned out to be inside of her upper thigh with an imprint made by her 20 pound Maine Coone cat – she took the pic just before the paw print faded away.

Geez, and I think I get bored.

{{{EnigmaOne – turned out to be inside of her upper thigh with an imprint made by her 20 pound Maine Coone cat – she took the pic just before the paw print faded away.}}}—Auntie Pam

:::snicker:::

It’s this blasted curiousity of mine!

Kalél
Common ¢ for all ages…
“Well, there was that thing with the Cheese-Wiz…but I’m feeling much better now!” – John Astin, Night Court