What ever happened to The Son of Svenghouli?

Or even Svenghouli for that matter…

I used to watch the show when I was a child, and I have a lot of fond memories of it. Every once in a while I search the web to see if anybody’s put up a Son of Svenghoulie page. Unfortunately, I’m not real sure I’m even spelling his name correctly.

Does anyone know where information on this show can be had?

I think it’s spelled “Svengoolie.” I grew up near Chicago and my little brother and I loved scaring ourselves to death watching the original “Screaming Yellow Theater” in the late 60’s and early 70’s. I guess Son of Svengoolie must have come later?

Try Channel 26 WCIU Chicago

Watch it on the U.

U’s got it.
Home to Mamma’s Family

Mark beat me to it, but I was gonna say I thought the guy made a comeback. Talk about a one-trick pony. :slight_smile:

Actually, I think the guy graduated from the same high school as I did, a little earlier (dunno how long). I remember we had one of those all-school assemblies one day and he came to talk to us about somethingorother.

Ok, what about Jerry G. Bishop (original Sven) then?

Did someone say Berrrr-wyn?

Yes, Channel 26 WCIU Chicago was home to the most recent incarnation of old Sven. His name is Rich Koz, his show was on weekly, and I think RK had some other duties at the U.

The current line-up for WCIU has no mention of Svengoolie.