What film is this song from?

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ky5ClIjL8

It’s an Indian rethread/pastiche of The Beatles’ I Wanna Hold Your Hand, I think. It’s a lovely version and I’d love to see the film it’s from.

The movie is Called “Jaanwar”. The Actor in white is Shammi Kapoor. The Actor is not actually singing but lip sync to a playback singer - M. Rafi. Rafi Saab (as he is known) sang close to 26,000 songs in his career and has been mentioned in the guiness book of records. The opening song in the movie “Ghost World” also features a Rafi Saab song again lip synched on screen by an actor. The Actress is Rajshree who married a new York doctor, Greg Chapman, and now lives in the US.

The movie also stars Shilpa Shetty, recently of Celebrity BB fame.

I think you are conflating two films perhaps. Shilpa Shetty is a young, modern star. From googling him Shammi Kapoor is an actor in his 70s. There appear to be two movies one called Janwar, from 1965 and the other Jaanwar from 1999 which features Ms Shetty.

Oh sorry, I didn’t write that post. I c’n’p’ed of the web. Meant to preface it by saying I found this, dunno if it’s any help.

The Ghost World song, “Jaan Pehechan Ho,” is from the film Gumnaam, performed by Mohammed Rafi. My mechanic, who is Pakistani, tells me Rafi has been around forever and is in an awful lot of Bollywood movies, and I sure had a feeling he had something to do with this one.

Don’t know what film the clip is from. It looks fun.

Lately I’ve been listening to a mix CD called “Bollywood Gold,” and it has songs from movies in the 70’s with this same sound. (The rock n’ roll guitar with Hindi lyrics). They are all really catchy tunes, and I find myself singing along in Hindi, even though I don’t know much Hindi.

Love it, love it, love it! This made my day.

Have you seen the “Indian Thriller” clip on you tube?