What I am thankful for . . .

Yeah, I’d seen a few threads, and this one didn’t seem right. So, I snuck out to the garage to have a little privacy to spill my guts to y’all. . .

It’s my thread, and I don’t care whatever your table looks like–you could have a bunch of family around it, or be like me back in '05 and have an MRE.

To start, I’m thankful I have a wonderful wife. She rocks! She’s a Doper, and we met in '06 thanks to the Boards. I could go further, but it would get mushy . . .

I’m thankful that after three trips overseas, I’ve come back each time. Further, I’m thankful that I’ve been able to be smart enough that I can realize that I have choices to make in life, and I’m thankful that I can make them in this country.

I’m thankful that I’ve got it so damn good. I realize the limitations in other countries. And yet, I remember that twice on Thanksgiving day, we had Kuwaitis/Iraqis eating with us in the mess hall for one darn day. We had a day that transcended religion, and we all gave thanks.

I thank God and life, I have it so good.

Tripler
I have the best wife, two good and hard working hands, and some knowledge to do stuff. I’m grateful.

I’m thankful that I’m a Doper and can be uplifted by people like Tripler.

:slight_smile:

I’m thankful for being able to take two holiday vacations this year.
I’m thankful the most stressful thing in my life is what ski boots to buy.
I’m also thankful for the automatic sequential thread machine.

I am thankful in advance of Christmas that MLW is getting me a 1920’s Style Death Ray !

My fervent hope only of course.

I’m thankful that I got to be there when Tripler and Nawthchucker first met. And that we all got to hang out a few times before I left the country. Go Snakes!

This Thanksgiving isn’t very eventful for me, though. But it’s holidays like this that make one truly realize what they have to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I’m healthy.

I live in a pretty good place.

I have the SDMB.

I know some damned fine human beings.

Thank you, Tripler, for your post.
I’m thankful for so many things, I wrote five pages of thanks this morning.
I thank all of you SDMB’ers for the minds and hearts you so generously share on this board, from the heartfelt to the flippant, the profound to the trivial, the sublime to the nasty, the brilliant to the idiotic, the serious to the roll on the floor, wet pants with laughter funny, all three rings and sideshow. (with our without scary clowns.)

I’m thankful for the health and well-being of my two kids. One of my elder son’s friends died yesterday, I feel so awful for her family and the kids who knew her.

I’m thankful for friends, ‘real’ and internet. That we have enough to eat, and a roof over our heads.

I’m thankful for our military, American and Canadian, helping to ensure that we have them. And that we can complain about them.

I’m thankful that I typed my earlier reply not realising the connection with Thanksgiving. In other words, I’m thankful for the internet making the world smaller.

Happy Thanksgiving, Americans.

I’m thankful that Australians are so cool. Eceryone I’ve met has been loads of fun. And, much like Georgia, they’ve descended from a bunch of folks that the British decided were criminals. One can take pride in an association such as this.

I’m thankful that this fire didn’t burn down the town. And for the awesomeness of the firefighters that came to fight it. Without them, we’d have been screwed.

I’m also thankful that I get the chance to live in such a beautiful place. Any inconvienences are more than made up for by the sheer beauty around me.

There are lots of other things, but those two are the biggies this year, aside from friends and family and all.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband, whose sweet nature and boundless generosity continue to overwhelm me so regularly.

I am thankful for my beautiful daughter, who has overcome so much in her short life, who makes me smile, laugh and cry with joy and reminds me every single day why life is such an incredible gift!

I am thankful for good friends, “real” and internet, both near and far.

Happy Thanksgiving Folks!

I’m thankful for friends, family, good health, living in the modernized world, etc. There’s a lot of things I don’t like about the way our country works, but when it comes down to it, it’s a damn fine place to live, and my love affair with the Constitution is unwavering.

I’m thankful that I’ve got a nice stretch of free days to get marginally caught up on school work.

I’m thankful that my dog, who probably won’t be with us for terribly much longer, has had a good, long, well-loved life. She’s fourteen years old and her health is beginning to fail, but she’s still loved and taken care of, and has made at least a few lives much better.

And I’m thankful for people like my aunt the nurse, and my friend the 911 dispatcher, and everyone else who does important work that doesn’t take holidays off.

Also, I’m thankful that the grocery store had some really good coffee on sale the other day, because this is some good coffee.

Everyone I love - my friends, my family - is on the other side of the world. I’m thankful for the internet, for keeping me in touch with them. I’m thankful for Big Ben, which has not once failed to make me smile when I walk across the Thames after work and see it all lit up. A completely unforced, oh-my-god-I’m-actually-here smile. I’m thankful for London, for being half as scary and ten times as amazing as I thought it would be. And I’m thankful to me, if that makes sense, for being far braver than I thought I ever could be, and for getting on that plane.

I could go on, but it’s only going to get gushier…

Thank you for your service Tripler. Sincerely. And any other veterans who may be reading.

I too am thankful for my wife and my ability to work.

I’m thankful for so many things -

my wonderful husband; that everyone is healthy; that my son has turned his life around finally; my Dad who lives with us and I can get to know better; my job, which is awesome most of the time; my sweet dogs who love me unconditionally; and that my brother and his wife are coming home from Afghanistan this weekend! (They’re both in the navy reserves.) Thank you for your service, Tripler!

I could go on - but the timer just rang to put the foil on the bird!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I am thankful that I got to see my grandmother this month, even if I missed her stuffing and gravy.

I am thankful that she sent me a picture of her stuffing so I could gaze and drool.

I am thankful that I was able to spend Turkey Day with my uncle and actually enjoyed myself, in spite of some tension between his wife and I.

I am thankful that I get an extra week of vacation next year, so Thanksgiving with my grandmother is guaranteed!

Throw in “a job I love that does some good in the world” and it makes for a life to be deeply, deeply grateful for.