What if everyone named Adrian, aged 13 3/4, died tomorrow?

Fuck all would happen, I’m guessing.

Thoughts?

“Need answer fast!”

armageddon

There would be a few fewer people around to say “Yo” to.

This sort of parody thread belongs in the Pit.

Source material here, here and here.

This thread has been relocated from IMHO.

How wide of a span is 13 3/4? Is it one day only? My guess would be 10 or less.

I really enjoyed that book, and The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole, when I was about the same age as the protagonist. I wasn’t impressed by Wilderness Years, though – even as a teenager the 20-something Adrian seemed like an immature jerk. So maybe it would have been better if the character had died young.

It would be nice and quiet.

What if all 184,908 registered members of the SDMB died right this inst-- :eek:

AAADRIIAANNN!!

Could mean the Adrioning (some prophecy regarding Trump’s proposed wall being a modern version of Hadrian’s wall & what Trump’s reign could bring). While it’s infowars stuff, i.e. tinfoil material, it’s sort of strange you chose that name, especially being from the land of Hadrian’s Wall.

Jesus Fuck, you can read Trump in everything, can’t you?

Yep, yep.

You nailed it.

:confused:

Trying to move away from the conspiracy theories, but they are very interesting to say the least.

“They are very interesting” meaning here “I believe them with all my heart and soul.”

my nephew would be perfectly fine

I am disappointed how few got the OP’s reference.

I got it, and have never read his diaries. In my day, it was GO ASK ALICE, or Jonathan Livingstone Budgerigar…oh, shit, SEAGULL.

:smiley:

I got it too, but given that the diaries were never published here in the US, I can see why more people didn’t get it.

The Cappuccino Years was my least favorite diary.

The Prostrate Years shows that even as an adult Adrian is still his 13-3/4ths self in many ways. Sue Townsend was terminally ill while writing this diary and died soon after its publication. I’ll leave it at that because I don’t want to post any spoilers.

Me too. :frowning:

Are you sure about that? I bought the first book in a Barnes & Noble in the US in the 1990s, and read through Wilderness Years thanks to the local library. One of the books, IIRC Growing Pains, even had a section in the back (in the form of a letter from Adrian to a pen pal in the US) where British slang and cultural references were explained for American readers.