What is "Plump" to you?

ANS seems to waver on her weight. I have seen her downright FAT!!! And I have seen her plump. She’s never been a little girl.

If Lucy Lawless is plump, them I’m fat.

I’m five feet tall, I don’t really know what my measurements are, but I am 117 pounds. I’d like to be 112. If I were any less I’d look anorexic.

I wouldn’t worry about offending her. Her book was called Wake Up, I’m Fat!.

Rubenesque (Did I write that right?)…

I have never been plump myself, which I base on squeezing the fat above the hip bone (quite easy to do)…

Short,tall, big, small, does it really matter? I quote Billy Crystal “No, we pretty much want to nail them too.”

I like the variety in women. I find myself drawn to women with a little extra, but the thin ones catch my eye as well. There are some though, that are just entirely too big to catch my interest.

Suddenly I’m hearing the hot dog commercial: “They plump when you cook 'em!” It also makes me think of chickens…

I personally don’t like that word. Or stout. Or chubby. I haven’t an alternative to offer, and I don’t have one that I use to describe myself, tho I am a good bit overweight.

Yeah, knew that. Its just a courtesy thing…I figure she’s qualified to use whatever term she pleases, I however, will assume that I am not.

I’m just quirky that way. If you give me an inch, I’ll take ½ an inch.

I have no idea where my opinion comes from but it’s always what I’ve thought of when I heard the word plump…

A body that has extra mass but no folds, flab, or overlaps when standing straight. (everyone has rolls when they sit or bend over.)

Lucy Lawless plump?

You gotta be kidding me…

Roseanne (Barr). To me, that’s plump.

• That is properly called the $20-crack-whore look. Starved thin, but completely out of physcal condition. (some people just don’t get it) - MC

I turned accidentally to a TV program, probably the Roseanne show, where Roseanne was at some ritzy party wearing a low backed gown with mostly a bare midriff. UGH! Way too much skin! Not sexy! Not alluring! 200 pounds of s**t packed into a 20 pound sausage casing.

Then again, I don’t like Barr.

OneChance wrote:

Roseanne is not “plump.”
She is “obese.”
She is “gargantuan.”
She is the woman I would kick out of bed for eating crackers – but only because I have an idea as to how many crackers she would be eating.
She is Fasolt. And Fafnir. Combined.
Hell, she’s the whole Yggdrasil.
But she is not “plump.”

I’m with you, CF. Anyone who thinks that “plump” is an adjective that should apply to Lucy Lawless needs either their eyes or their head examined.

But I go by the numbers: 20% to 30% bodyfat (give or take a couple %) is plump. 31% to 40% is Ruebenesque, and beyond that, it’s fat.

Roseanne is pushing fat, ANS has been everything from plump to fat and back again, MM was never even plump, but was voluptious. I LIKE plump.

IMHO, of course… :slight_smile:

If Lucy Lawless is plump, then I’m a candidate for bariatric bypass surgery.

Until just now I didn’t know who Lucy Lawless was. (Okay, so I lead a sheltered life.) So I checked out the good Commander’s link, and…

Folks? I see ribs in some of those pictures. If you can see a woman’s ribs when she’s leaning forward like that, she is not plump by any reasonable definition of the word.

Peter Paul Rubens

The Three Graces
http://museoprado.mcu.es/prado/html/i69a.html

That’s plump.

I still cherish the memory of hearing the word “succulent” applied. I have been called curvy and soft and yummy…all words I personally like, but then I’m with “Ling”—you may call me food.

I’m a big girl and I am a defender of big girls everywhere (hi QuickSilver, long time no see), but 300+ pounds could never be plump. Unless you are eight feel tall, 300+ pounds is obese.

Calling someone obese is a terrible insult because of how fat people are treated and thought of in this country. Being morbidly obese is a serious medical problem, it is not a comment on a person’s character and worth --or at least it shouldn’t be.

20% body fat on a woman is NOT ANYWHERE NEAR plump!!! 20% is althete-style body! Egads!