What is the best pizza-delivery chain?

Last time the issue came up I was in the Papa John’s camp, but their quality has slipped since the Domino’s push. We chose to go back to Roma instead of Domino’s so I went with Other.

Pizza Pit
Shakey’s
Rocky Rococo

mmmmmm Rocky’s. I haven’t been there in a few month. Might have to swing past it on my home, we’ve got a drive through over here.

I voted for “other”, said other being Hungry Howies. They are definitely a large chain, though they may only be east of the Rockies. The best thing about them is their flavored crusts. I always go for garlic butter.

When I was young (er) and poor(er) I worked for Little Ceasars and pretty much ate it every day. Unbelievably, I honestly can’t recall what it tastes like, as I haven’t had it in eighteen years or so. My hazy memory tells me it was not too bad.

Pizza Hut’s personal pan pizzas are okay. Something about the cheese to sauce ration seems to work out in that size, whereas once you start getting into regular size pizzas they seem to go a little cheese crazy, thus the greasiness. Also, they must use the absolute poorest quality bacon, which is my favorite topping and therefore a deal breaker.

Domino’s is kind of a non entity. If it was offered for free, say at work or something, I’d be perfectly happy eating it - it is pizza after all- but I can’t see myself ordering it.

Papa John’s is so vile to me that it may be the one and only pizza I refuse to eat and that’s saying a lot for a pizza lover such as I.

I voted Little Caesars, which I love.

However, I should have voted Other because Hungry Howie’s is fantastic. Best take-out/delivery pizza I’ve had.

Wow, simulpost more or less. :slight_smile:

Haven’t tried the new Domino’s yet, but their previous version was last among the main poll choices. Little Caesar’s doesn’t deliver around here.

Papa John’s is my first choice (spinach alfredo pizza, add sliced roma tomatoes), then Pizza Hut (any crust other than their deep dish). I have online ordering accounts for both chains, and I keep winning Papa John’s and Pizza Hut giftcards at work, so it’s really easy to get something when I’m bogged down in work. I prefer Donato’s over Pizza Hut, but don’t have an online account, and am not inclined to bother when it’s just as easy to hop over to papajohns.com. Haven’t tried Hungry Howie’s yet, which just came into the local area.

Due to their low price and position on my drive home, I eat Little Caesar’s more than any of the delivery places, despite the fact that it’s just barely above old Domino’s for me. As an aside, Little Caesar’s seems to have really changed, and become crummier, since the chain first left Indiana in the mid 1990s. Their current incarnation isn’t as good, but is better than the Little Caesar pizza stations that briefly appeared in Kmarts in the late 1990s. The old stuff was at least edible for a few hours after purchase, and could be reheated the next day if necessary; the new stuff is pretty good if it’s fresh from the oven, but gets pretty nasty tasting as it cools off, and it doesn’t reheat well.

Main preference for delivery or take-out pizza is a local shop, Aviano’s; there’s even a frozen pizza that I prefer over all of the above chains-- frozen California Pizza Kitchen self-rising 5-cheese and tomato. It’s disappeared from all of the local grocers in the last few months, though. :frowning:

PJ’s is probably the best of those listed, but I think most people have a local chain that can top it. Here in Nebraska, it’s Valentino’s.

Godfather’s

Round Table. I really missed having one in LA, and was forced to replace with Pizza Hut and Dominos.

I voted other, which in this case means Jet’s.

No contest.

mmm

I haven’t had Domino’s since they changed their sauce. But based on their earlier recipe, and limiting myself to the choices given, I would rank them 1) Domino’s 2) Papa John’s 3) Pizza Hut 4) Little Ceasar’s. Does LC deliver though? not around here. I never understood the Domino’s hate; I kind of like their pizza (pre-change anyway).

Not that there aren’t a bunch of better places to get pizza, but that’s how I would rank these four if I had no other choices.

Used to date a girl who was adamantly against Domino’s because of their then owner’s hard-line support of pro-lifers, and apparently there were a lot of people who didn’t like Domino’s for this reason. Not to mention their food completely sucked.

However, ever since the new owners have taken over and redone all the food, I have to say it’s acceptable, good even.

I can certainly name several local places that are better, some of which have multiple locations and thus are technically chains, but I figured those were outside the spirit of the poll, so I picked Papa John’s. After that, I haven’t had Domino’s since they changed their recipe, but even before that, I liked them better than Pizza Hut. And I’d put Little Caesar’s about at a par with Pizza Hut, except that Little Caesar’s is cheaper.

Of course, the absolute best kind of pizza of all is the kind I had yesterday, that being free pizza.

I love Papa John’s, but only the thin crust.

Round Table is a lot better than these others, but much more expensive.

Well, for local pizza, my favorite is Old Chicago, but they don’t deliver (also, I’m 9 beers away from finishing the World Beer Tour! Woo!)

I tried their new sauce… It is certainly different, and I’m not yet sure if I like that better than the previous stuff. Which I didn’t consider vile, just… bland.

And Little Caesar’s for me is the worst of all.

I actually have good memories of Pizza Hut, so I picked that. Although I accept second is Papa John’s.

Fresher ingredients, fresher pizza. Papa John’s.

Numero Uno was my guiltiest pleasure, but I no longer live near one.

But since that’s not a choice, I went with Domino’s, particularly for their Web site.

Anush has put your pizza in the oven…