What is the origin and purpose of Jehovah's Witnesses?

I’m interested in this nuclear thing. What are they planning on doing when they leave their shelter and find a nuclear winter covering a desolate wasteland. I just don’t see that they have much to win here. It sure will be hell getting converts when everyone is dead. How exactly will this work?

Yeah, at this point it’s more of a vigorous bubbling; nothing left to melt.

I’m sorry, grand conspiracy theories that hinge on Philip Mountbatten are dubious in general and certainly do not well explain religious movements that date to before he was born.

Unless, of course…he was a time traveler!! <dramatic music>

Fallout 4. (Start collecting your bottlecaps now.)

And start hoarding fuel.

[foghorn leghorn]It was a joke, son. [fl]

FoolsGuinea, We are dealing with family bloodlines with a common goal. This started long before anyone who is alive today. Dynasties are a fact of life in all disciplines and walks of life including show business, industry, property rights, government and most important of all the idea that there is a certain class of humans destined to have all of the power, wealth and rulership of the masses.

Morgenstern, The birds and beasts of the field will consume all of the dead carcases then angelic forces will rebuild and replenish the world while Jesus (with help from the JW leadership no doubt) rules his theocracy with an iron rod.

This may sound like a joke but trust me it’s what they believe…

Touche’ Foghorn (-;

TomnDeb, Just because paranoia exists doesn’t mean there’s nothing to fear. That’s exactly what they want you to think. You can’t expect ideas gleaned from an enemy to be factual. Brainwashing takes many forms and it is incessant…

I don’t want everyone to thin the the Jehovah’s Witnesses are unique. Most of the other fundamentalist and pre-millenial groups originated from the same source. Most of the millenialist clergymen like the then recent British import John Nelson Darby and other mostly British clergymen traveled the eastern US establishing these movements which survive today under names like Tim Lehaye, Mormonism, Jerry Jenkins, Jerry Falwell, the evangelical movement and most other right wing religions…

Malkavian, judging from what I see in this thread…

Hipsters.

Thank you for Breaking Bad and Joss Whedon.

Obfuscate!

For once, we can acknowledge that one’s post is one’s cite.

More to the point, you still have not provided the reference I requested to the source of all this stuff you are posting. It may take “years” of study to learn all of it, but since every reliable source of information to which I can point indicates that your OP is nothing but a Grand [Mal] Conspiracy Theory, if you want to persuade me that there is any truth to it, it is up to you to provide a citation to which I may refer to check it out.

It is interesting that you have introduced the notion of paranoia to this thread. I have not actually said anything about paranoia, so I am not sure why you are bringing that up, but the claims in the OP are clearly silly.

I will admit that this is somewhat refreshing after the usual WTC/JFK Assassination/Moon landing hoax theories that get boring after a while.

That is some military grade flibberty gibbet you’ve got there compadre. A heck of a lot stronger than my mere JFK and RFK assassination suspicions.

:slight_smile: