What is this hairstyle called?

I’m sorry if this question has already been answered, but I did a search for it on the boards and couldn’t find anything. (Of course, it doesn’t help when I don’t even know what I’m looking for.)

Does anybody know the style where little bunches of hair are rolled up into separate buns on the top of your head? The overall effect is somewhat like lots of little doorknobs sitting on your head. I’ve seen lots of celebrities with this hairstyle, but I can’t remember any offhand. This is going to sound stupid, but the only person I can remember with hair like this is Mandy from Temptation Island for the last part of the second episode.

So does anyone know what it’s called? Or how to make it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If it’s the style I’m thinking of (and I DON’T watch Temptation Island), it’s like short little dreadlocks about a half-inch long right? So you look like that pin-head guy from the Hellraiser movies?

In The Nutty Professor, the comedien at the club where Professor Klump takes his date refers to that style as shitlocks. Don’t know if that’s official, but it has my vote.

bantu knots.

Yes, yes, yes! This is it! Thank you so much!

And Attrayant, sure you don’t watch Temptation Island. :wink: Okay, truth be told, I only watched one episode and that was enough for me. But it was the only image of the hairstyle that I had to go with.

Armed with her newfound knowledge, Kayeby goes to do an extensive search on Bantu Knots

Thanks! :smiley: