What is worse: tobacco or sausages (opinion question)

What do you think is worse?
Smoking 1 cigarette a day (not a pack but just single cig)
or
eating 5 sausage weiners a day (processed pork, chicken, and the dozens of shady fillers they put in it)?

Why am I asking this. I’ve been eating a lot more hot dog weiners lately and I do love the taste of it even though I’ve heard stories about how bad they are for you. Then I went walking and saw some middle aged men smoking ciggs and you can tell they smoke a bunch every single day of their lives but seem to be pretty vibrant full of energy looking people but I know ciggs are also very bad for your health. Oddly, there are people who have smoked their entire lives and had no problems living into their 90s and 100s still smoking. Others have succumbed very young due to smoking. So it just made me wonder…if there was a way to test it out on a mass population and have one group just eat hot dog wieners everyday and another group just smoke every day (all other things equal ie., diet, stress, environment, rest, even genetics).

There is no ethical way the test this since you shouldn’t do either. Regarding which is worse, since nicotine is proven to be addictive, I would think it would be worse since it would be hard to stop and would eventually lead to more than one cig a day.

What is a hot dog wiener? Is it different than either a hot dog or a wiener? I’ve never encountered the phrase “hot dog wiener” before in my life.

I am no doctor, but I would guess the sausages are easier for the body to handle and less cancerous. Consuming vitamin C while eating red/processed meat is known to help fight the colon-cancer causing effects, as is also eating more fiber. Plus, you can always get colonoscopies every few years to see if there are polyps; lung cancer isn’t as easy to detect or stop.

Doing both?..Worse is smoking! You don’t ordinarily look under the car seat for some quarters and drive at 3 a.m. in a blizzard to the 7-11 for an emergency pack of hot dogs.

I am not the OP, but I’m guessing he’s only asking about the physical effects of cigs vs sausages (cancer, emphysema, etc.) not about the psychological aspects.

Don’t ask me. I own Dachshunds. :wink:

Yes, we have according to our neighbors, a wiener dog, a hot dog, a sausage dog, a dash-hound . Never had one call him a hot dog wiener.

We also correct them with “dachshund.”

Well, a Wiener could just be a person from Vienna.

Why not play it safe? Eat the cigarettes and smoke the weiners.

All the time. And since I’m there anyway…

Just checked my hot dog sausage weiners and I find no shady fillers let alone a dozen of them. So what are you even talking about?

I think he is referring to the old tale about hooves, gonads, eyeballs and every other part of the cow or pig that technically could be part of the sausage or hot dog. All beef or pork meaning any part of the animal.

Or that guy that owed money to the Mafia and hasn’t been seen since he went to the butcher shop to talk with them. He could be a meat type filler.

“Lips and assholes.”

Redacted - the constantly animating gif quickly annoyed me on the page :slight_smile:. It was just the gif of Lisa Simpson’s mental vision of a rat-racoon-pigeon-old boot-constituted hotdog.

STOP!
Y’all makin’ me hungry…

Give me the sausages–at least I can dip them in ketchup!

Anyone who eats five hot dogs a day, everyday, probably needs to seek counseling. Anyone who smokes one and only one cigarette per day isn’t even trying.