What is wrong with these women around me?

I probably know some people who have genital herpes; however, they haven’t told me about it.

The people I do know personally who are on disability need it.

I wonder what the OP, single in his 30s, life situation and career situation is like, seems like he hangs out with a lot of losers. As the saying goes, "Birds of a Feather . . . . "

Im not sexist I think I just look at it from a desired/expectation perspective and I feel let down or AHHHHHH!!! I could say plenty about men but this conversation really isnt about men its about whatever the heck is going on at this particular juncture. But yes I do know many many women with cold sores or herpes. It turns out many of my male co workers have it too. And the guy who takes care of the 5 kiods has a seriously ill one and i dont think there is much of any romance novel down time. I am using bias but I dont date men and I dont expect the same things from them. This really wasnt supposed to be about me but some of you lamers need to call me a sexist and take the conversation to your silly little comfort zone. The internet must be tough for you with all if its varied perspectives and your inability to see or add to them.

Ive largely bailed on 2 of the welfare/disability wonders and I need to get a whole different perspective toward dating. Dating websites and meetup groups.
Im also starting to wonder if the city Im in is more of a casual sex type of city. Everyones busy all the time and all you need is a booty call or two to get you by. We rank very high in national STD rankings.

I also agree with the person who said it may have something to do with the economy.

2 of the girls are living just as good as I am and they are on unemployment and disability. If every time I get knocked down I get back up on the way up Ill still see them getting by doing nothing and start to consider staying down. I assume thats how it starts

If you think being a stay-at-home-parent isn’t work, you’re an idiot. It isn’t paid, but a lot of hard work isn’t paid, and if the couple decided that having one working parent and one homemaker was the best use of their respective talents, good for them.

Or to put it another way, daycare providers ARE paid, quite a bit. If those women have two+ kids they better have a Secondary Degree and experience to hope to have a chance of making enough for employment to make sense.

Now you listen to me, you gutter-mouth punk. I’ve dealt with you before, and every time I did, it took me a month to wash off the filth. I’ll tell you what you did with that four-year old girl out in Westlake Park; you staked out a bench like you’ve always done. You bought a sack of penny candy. You waited until the right little girl came along. Tuesday afternoon at four o’clock, she did. You told her you were gonna take her for a ride around the block. You got her in your car, she started to cry. You hit her across the mouth twice. You cut her lip with your ring, knocked out three of her teeth. And then you know what you did to her…get your head up when I’m talking to you! Now, I didn’t say that, Rockwell, you did. That’s exactly what you told those officers who arrested you. They advised you of your constitutional rights before you opened your mouth. Now you’re trying to tell us you didn’t understand. Well, you’re a liar. You understood what your rights were then just as you understand now! Somewhere in the last forty hours while you were rattling around in the bucket you got the word. You know that 62 Cal.2d 338 states that you be advised of your right to remain silent and as you must thoroughly understand and waive that right, because if you don’t any confession you make is inadmissible as testimony in a court of law. Forty hours ago you confessed to what you did to that little girl. That was the truth. Now you sit here and tell us that you didn’t understand your rights, that’s a lie! Like every hoodlum since Cain up through Capone, you’ve learned to hide behind some quirk in the law. And mister, you are a two-bit hoodlum. You’ve fallen twice for ADW. Burglary, three times. Twice for forcible rape, I tagged you for those. And now you’ve graduated. You’ve moved to the sewer, you’re a child molester. And this isn’t the first time, we’ve had you in here before. And mister, you were guilty then and you’re guilty now. Now one last thing, you smart mouthed punk. If the department doesn’t question the color of his skin, you damn well see that you don’t.

Hey, I remember that city. I didn’t know it had opted for casual sex.

Bon-bons? I’ve been doing doing it wrong. I thought it was bourbon.

Want some liquor-filled ones? Don’t know if I’ve seen bourbon but then I usually avoid those boxes…

To be fair, women earn about 23% less than men so they must be 23% lazier.

No reason it can’t be both!

Could you get that light out of my eyes?

And can I get a beverage? Something without caffeine or aspartame? That’d be super. And, now I don’t mean to be high-maintenance, but could we maybe switch chairs? I do SO much better when I’ve got some good back support, and I just thought a hunk like you could deal with this chair better. So, does the station have a gym, because you do look like you keep in shape. Let me guess, free weights and some cardio… a sweaty run through the park at dawn? Can we get someone on that soda? I mean, I’m normally patient, but my throat is dry, maybe I’m developing allergies. Oh, God, that’s all I need. Never a single health problem as a child, grammy used to say I was super-immune, but now those trees even just start thinking about sex and I’m sniffing like a Soho coke whore. I shouldn’t say that, because my cousin dated a girl that we called that. And I’m not being catty, well, not doggy-style catty at least, but I swear half her salary went up her nose. My cousin, let’s call him Charles because that’s his name, just couldn’t see it. For pity’s sake, she’s on welfare and borrowing money from him for a brake job when her car’s been sitting in the garage for a month because he drives her everywhere because of her fake disability, and she crashes his work party and pretty soon half the guests are in the bathroom with her and he just thinks she’s “a fun person”. Who even uses a phrase like that? Sure, maybe in a rambling reply on a messageboard, but in real life? I mean, you probably know Fun People, but did you ever say “Golly, that Tricia is a fun person”? My point is that he sounded fakey because he knew that what he was saying was fakey. Mineral water is fine, just anything to wet the ol’ whistle. And, is there a vending machine here? I have a pocket full of change that’s weighing me down, and I’d be honored to buy you a bag of Gardetto’s. Do you know what kinds of snackage they have here? And about that light? I’ve never been a fan of direct lighting. If you at least aimed it away from my eyes, it’d give the room a warmer ambient glow, and you wouldn’t be staring at my wrinkles. I’m sure I look a fright, but some indirect lighting, a refreshing beverage and some Gardetto’s would go a long way. And then we could chat, hmm? You wouldn’t believe some of my dating stories…

But the common denominator is you. You choose to associate with bozos.

Anecdote incoming:

I know one lady who would fit in with phreak9’s crew. Late 30’s, ostensibly stays at home to watch the kids, but the kids are in full time daycare and kindergarten. Hasn’t had a job since she moved to the area about a decade ago (which is pre-children).

I’m not sure her gender has anything to do with it, and I hate to stereotype, but I don’t know any guys in my circle that would be able to pull this off without being labelled a bum and pressured into getting a job or else providing full-time care for the children.

At first I chalked it up to this lady having a 20th century outlook on what a family looks like: Wife stays home, husband earns bread, etc. But the full time care for the kids kind of ruined that hope.

This also drives her very 20th century mother-in-law wild, which kind of confirms it’s a personal failing and not a difference in expectations.

She’s a family member and I certainly appreciate and respect her as a person through all of this.

Bourbon bonbons.

Super Bon Bon.

Bon Bon Bon.

Johnny Depp Bon Bon.

French bonbons.

I’m gonna paraphrase my late father (who, with my mother, successfully raised ten non-sociopaths), and what he said when one of his offspring came to him complaining that another offspring was “getting” more good stuff than he or she “deserved”:

phreak9 needs to worry about phreak9.

Shame they had eleven kids, though.

:d&r:

laissez les bons temps rouler

Which is the kind of thing parents tell their kids when they don’t have the time or energy to deal with the issue.

Life in general isn’t fair, but you can expect a certain amount of fairness from your own immediate family, ferchrissakes.