What is wrong with these women around me?

You do realise that being a SAHM isn’t a 9 to 5 job, don’t you? They’re ‘on’ 7 days a week.

Then whatever they’re doing, they’re doing it right.

In other words, you’re viewing general social phenomena (tough economy driving disability claims, gender expectations about childcare, etc.) through the lens of your personal dating quest. You don’t care about what’s actually happening in society, you’re just annoyed at the effects it’s having on the commodity (i.e., women) that you’re trying to shop for. Got it.

Not sure that would help, at this point.

Why even bother with that? Soon those long-awaited personal sexbots will start to be manufactured, and you won’t have to deal with actual women ever again. And they won’t have to deal with you. So, win-win!

I know people like this, both men and women, some are freeloaders taking advantage of the system, the goodwill of friends and family, or both. Other times, people LOOK like they’re freeloaders but they’re down on their luck, getting some help, and they’re working hard to get back on their feet. Or sometimes they have circumstances that aren’t necessarily clear to anyone not privy to their situations. For example, you mention people on disability, sometimes a disability isn’t obvious, and sometimes people are milking it.

As others said, the common denominator here is YOU. YOU get to choose who you associate with, and if you feel like you’re surrounded by freeloaders, change it. And you have to know that your situation isn’t representative because if half of all women were unemployed, even if every single man was, unemployment would be roughly 25%, and it’s no where near that.

phreak9, they are the way they are because they are very depressed. There are very depressed because, as you have already noted, they are around you. You have that effect on people.

And the award for “Clumsiest Ad Hominen Attack Today” goes to…

Move out of Baltimore, phreak9.

Whiskey Dickens!

:confused:

You think my post was an ad hominem attack?

It certainly came out of left field. Do you really think Muffin interrupted a substantive debate with a personal attack on the OP?

If so, please summarize your position with regard to that perennial question: why are women such skanks?

Maybe the OP should stop hanging out behind abortion clinics looking to meet loose women.

Ad hominem = came out of left field. Thanks, Crayons.

Have a bon bon.

• phreak9 age 15 3/4

Oh, hold on, twice that age?

Why are women who reproduce and care for their own offspring considered “losers”? This reminds me of a thread I read here one time that said only very poor people don’t completely outsource child rearing and that having servants was a requirement for being considered middle-class.

In hindsight, we pretty much got it (see the parenthetical about ten non-sociopaths [out of TEN]), but thanks for your concern. :slight_smile:

:smiley:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Pro tip: Whenever you say “What is wrong with these * around me?” the problem is always you and it is never the fault of “*”.

What is wrong with all these white supremacists around me?

Not one of them can carry a tune for their life.