What Jane Austen heroine are you?

Well?

Me?

I can’t disagree with that.

Apparently I’m Elinor as well. Phew! I should hate to turn out to be Catherine Morland (as sweet as Henry Tilney was) or heaven forbid, Marianne Dashwood.

I wish I was Elizabeth Bennett, but I too am Elinor.

I knew that even before taking the quiz…

I did turn out to be Catherine Morland. I’m not familiar with Northanger Abbey, though, so I’ve no idea why that’s a bad thing.

Hey, I’m Elinor Dashwood, too.

What a coinkydink.

I think most of the ladies here on the Dope would be this remarkable lady. Maybe we should call ourselves the Elinor Dashwood Soceity.

Ahem.

You are Elizabeth Bennet of Pride & Prejudice! You are intelligent, witty, and tremendously attractive. You have a good head on your shoulders, and oftentimes find yourself the lone beacon of reason in a sea of silliness. You take great pleasure in many things. You are proficient in nearly all of them, though you will never own it. Lest you seem too perfect, you have a tendency toward prejudgement that serves you very ill indeed.

Apparently I’m Marianne Dashwood - hmm

I don’t think that’s quite true but I do love reading and also play the piano (well - even though I say so myself (how shameless)) and sing. But I’m not vocal in my honesty. I like to think I’m a bit more diplomatic than the younger Miss Dashwood!

Another Elinor checking in. I must say, I think the question about who would play you in a movie is a leading question.

Ha, am I theh first one to be Emma Woodhouse, (not that I’m sure I’d call that a very good thing, really.

Oh well, rather a lot of the questions didn’t seem to have any answer that really applied to me.

So I shall have to be the Unknown Heroine. :slight_smile:

Yet another Elinor (though I’d rather be Elinor Glyn!). I was a bit flummoxed by not knowing who half the actresses were who might have portrayed me, though . . .

Another Elinor Dashwood checking in. I, too, would have preferred to be Elizabeth Bennett. Ah, well, better than being Marianne Dashwood or Catherine Morland.

I’m an Elizabeth Bennet. I was afraid I was going to be Marianne Dashwood though.

Another Emma Woodhouse checking in…

:: L I Z Z Y ::

You are Elizabeth Bennet of Pride & Prejudice! You are intelligent, witty, and tremendously attractive. You have a good head on your shoulders, and oftentimes find yourself the lone beacon of reason in a sea of silliness. You take great pleasure in many things. You are proficient in nearly all of them, though you will never own it. Lest you seem too perfect, you have a tendency toward prejudgement that serves you very ill indeed.

:slight_smile: I’ve always had a thing for Mr. Darcy. :wink:

Another Elinor here! I suspected as much.

I think I’d rather be Lizzy, but I thank my lucky stars I’m not that sad sack Fanny.

I, too, am Elizabeth Bennet, and I am simply appalled at all the fuss you people are making. If you could read quietly as much as you gossip, the process of self-discovery would be a pleasant diversion for one’s library, and not the scandalous talk of the town. What business of yours is it, anyway? Really!

Bizarre side note: at my previous job, my mentor and cube-mate was an absolutely wonderful woman named Betsy Bennett. I haven’t been able to watch Pride and Prejudice without picturing her in the lead role.

Yet another Elinor here, but I so wanted to be Anne, my favorite Austen lady. The choices were too obviously geared to one character or another, though, and I had to check myself before purposefully choosing Anne’s answers. The questions should have been better.

This sounds nothing like me, except for the last two sentences. I don’t think I’m easily persuaded at all, and in fact, I’m vaguely offended by the notion. :slight_smile:

But I’ve neither read nor seen Persuasion, so maybe the quizmasters just summed it up in a bad way.

I’m another Elizabeth Bennet.