What MCU material is missing from Disney Plus?

I know that The Incredible Hulk and all the stand alone Spiderman movies are missing. What I’m wondering is if there are other missing bits and pieces that just didn’t make it. If I sat down and watched all the MCU stuff Disney has available, what would I be missing, and where could I find the missing material?

I think that the Marvel one-shot with Agent Coulson, entitled “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer”, is not on Disney+. I found a video on Dailymotion.

I want to say the Netflix shows are not included.

Howard The Duck?

That Man-Thing film that aired on the Sci-Fi Channel. When they finally bring the character to the big screen, I hope they use the comic book title: Giant-Sized Man-Thing.

All Hail the King was added to Disney+ as part of the promotion for Shang-Chi. I don’t think any of the other Marvel One Shots have been, have they? (They were originally all DVD extras - I think you can find all of them on Daily Motion and/or YouTube).

The full list of Marvel One Shots:

The Consultant
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer
Item 47
Agent Carter
All Hail the King

Agents of SHIELD is on Netflix, but hasn’t made it to D+ yet.

Of the MCU-adjacent TV series, I think only Runaways is on D+. I think Cloak & Dagger is available through Freeform’s streaming site, and the Netflix shows are, of course, available through Netflix. All of those were only very loosely in continuity with the MCU, though, and I think they’ve all been more or less disavowed at this point.

There are quite a few Marvel TV and film projects not on D+. Neither of those were MCU projects, though, which is what the OP was asking about.

I don’t think they are all Marvel Cinematic Universe. It seemed to be a different world (mostly) in Daredevil, Punisher, Jessica Jones (*) and a few of the rest of them. I guess others, like Agents of Shield were in the same universe.

(*) They seemed stuck in the perpetual hellhole of the crime ridden areas of New York of the 80s, yet are set in the 2010s. So arguably not even like our universe.

The Netflix shows all were tied into each other, and at least one or two of them directly referenced contemporary events that took place in the theatrical movies, so they did try to weave themselves into canon. But they were never acknowledged as such in reverse, and in some cases seemed to contradict what came later (Spider-Man should’ve been aware of what was going on in Hell’s Kitchen, for example, especially as Kingpin is primarily a Spidey villain) so in the end it became clear the TV shows didn’t count as canon despite their efforts to not encroach.

However, standby. The Multiverse is coming. Anything could happen.

@GuanoLad is right. The Netflix “Marvel Knights” shows were from the start supposed to be loosely tied into the MCU in a one-way continuity. The main subplot of Daredevil Season 1 was Kingpin trying to gain control of the massive reconstruction contracts after the “incident”, which was clearly the Chitauri attack in The Avengers - one of the newspapers on display in Ben Urich’s newsroom had a headline about an alien attack in Manhatten and had a cover photo that appeared to be a still from The Avengers. In various episodes of the different series, characters drop references to various MCU characters (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America) as if they were real people in their universe.

Those references were always one-way, though, and after the Marvel TV division that produced those shows folded and Kevin Feige got direct control of Marvel’s TV and streaming content, all of those series were cancelled and Marvel Studios ended its relationship with Netflix, and more or less disavowed them. Feige and others have teased that some of those characters may still appear in some form in the MCU, and they’ve been very careful not to rule out incorporating elements of the Netflix-verse into the MCU proper, but so far nothing has turned up.

Agents of SHIELD wasn’t a Netflix show (although Netflix picked up the streaming rights), it was an ABC (owned by Disney) show. It was originally very definitely part of the MCU - its episodes directly tied into whatever MCU movie was released that week, and it featured several characters from the MCU proper, not least lead Phil Coulson. However, the creators were clear from the start that it was a one-way continuity - everything that happened in the movies happened in the world of the series, but while the movies wouldn’t directly contradict events in the show, they also wouldn’t directly reference them - Phil Coulson was still dead as far as the movies were concerned. As the series went on, it started to drift from the MCU continuity, and after Infinity War, the series producers explicitly said that Agents of SHIELD was now in it its own continuity, which diverged from the MCU prior to the Snap.

I remember one episode, I believe it was Luke Cage, where a guy was hustling video copies of the Chitauri attack on the street. It was a pretty explicit reference to the Avengers movie.

Oh, and there was this:

But yeah, everything was one-way unfortunately. I remember rumors about characters from those shows appearing in the Infinity War films but obviously that never happened.