What non-DCU characters would be worthy of a Green Lantern power ring?

I was wondering why it was taking so long to get to the good Captain! And I think he’d qualify either before or after he took the super-soldier serum; in fact, more so before, as he had the heart of a lion before he had the body to back it up.

Elsewhere in Marvel:

Storm is disqualified because of her claustrophobia, I fear, though she was my first thought.

Wolverine and Bruce Banner are disqualified for being obviously nuts. Tony Stark isn’t lacking for imagination or will, but the Guardians might object to the alcoholism. Victor von Doom for being obviously evil.

Reed Richards might get it on imagination and willpower, but I’m not sure how fearless he is. Ben Grimm would definitely qualify, though. Not too much imagination, but pretty damn near fearless and will die before he’ll quit. It wouldn’t surprise me if he and Hal were actually interdimensional counterparts.

But the absolute winner for brains, fearlessness, imagination, and honor in the MCU has to be this guy.

What if…Abin Sur and Shazam got their notes mixed up? Billy Batson gets a power ring, Hal Jordan gets to be Captain Marvel. Superpowered hijinks ensue.

Candidate from another genre entirely: Philip Marlowe or Matthew Scudder.

James Bond!

This man.

Beak would probably do ok; he’s supposed to be determined/heroic, after all. I think if you wanted to take a risk, Magneto would be a good candidate, since he’s usually on the good side when the entire Earth is threatened.

On the other side, if Jean Grey gets ahold of one we’re all screwed.

No, wait. This man.

Agh! Another typo. Those last two words in my last post should have been a link to this picture of the Black Panther.

That link goes to fifty posts, which includes a few of yours, and none of yours mention a Marvel character that I could see.

Perhaps a little more specificity?

Ah, I see. I’d disagree. The Panther’s staunch nationalism would be a strike against him in the Guardians’ book. He has honor, but it’s skewed.

See above. Today’s my day for typos.

And I certainly don’t qualify. First off I’m not a fictional character; and second, even if I were, the ring would probably disqualify me for my childish dog phobia, crippling fear of commitment, and plans to conquer the Earth and set myself up as God-King.

I would suggest Thor.
After all, only the truly noble & truly worthy can wield Mjolnir.

Say, could Hal Jorden wield Mjolnir?

Thor would probably qualify. As for Hal wielding Mjolnir, that would depend on the time period and whether Papa Odin was interfering. The uru hammer’s pretty damn heavy.

actually, there is an Elseworld’s book where he receives the ring…

it’s pretty standard stuff

Odysseus - I think he could handle it. Faced his fears. Resourceful. And has faced his fair share of weirdies.

Brutha, from Small Gods. So long as you accept that after you give it to him he’ll never actually use it.

Uh, and Steve Rogers isn’t a patriot, too? And Thor isn’t, for Asgard?

I wouldn’t call Thor an ASGARDIAN patriot; his loyalties have always been conflicted between his fatherland and his motherland. (His mother, you’ll recall, being the earth goddess Gaea.) I agree that the Black Panther’s a little iffy, but not because of his patriotism–because he’s a monarch.

Steve’s a lock, though.

Folks, c’mon:

Daredevil, the man without fear (now he’s got a power ring too!)

I think also from Middle Earth you could include Faramir, Gandalf, Frodo and many, many Elves.
Most Lensmen would probably qualify.
Phineas Fogg, Odysseus, Galahad and Young Arthur before he was King.
Friday sounds good to me, I would include “Kettle Belly” Baldwin and Joe & Gail from Gulf.
Oscar from Glory Road, Elihu Nivens {Sam} from the Puppet Masters.
Belgarion from the Belgariad.
I will stop here.

Jim To anyone who said Batman, doesn’t the title say non-DCU characters? :wink:

I adore Friday, but she’s a long way from fearless; which is to say she doesn’t fear many PHYSICAL threats, but she is very emotionally needy and scarred. Not her fault; her childhood was a nightmare.

Hilda Burroughs or Gwen Novak, on the other hand, would be wonderful with a ring. Oscar from Glory Road as well.