What percent of the population do you find attractive

What percent of the population do you find attractive. It doesn’t have to be ‘dateworthy’ attractive or amazingly attractive either. Just people you find physically desirable in one way or another.

Assume that the filters of gender (whatever gender you’re into) and age (whatever ages you’re into) have already been applied, so that you’re only counting those of the right age & gender.

For me its about 35% or so.

I would guess anywhere from 35%-50%. If you’d asked me a year ago, when I was still around school, and a lot of college aged kids, I would probably have said 75%. Even people that aren’t great looking, still look pretty good, and possibly look the best they ever will. Now that I’m out in the R.W. and I see more people who aren’t in their 20’s and are tired from life or whatever, the percentage has dropped.

Now, I would say 35%-50% are attractive, but I would say that at least 90% of people have some sort of physically attractive quality. Only about 20% (maybe less) could qualify as doing-a-double-take-cause-a-car-accident beautiful. (I’m speaking of females.) After having typed all this, I’m not even sure. I haven’t tried to quantify it before, maybe I’ll have to start making an effort to be more aware of my superficial/shallow thoughts.

I think everyone has something about them that makes them attractive in a certain light. Sexually attractive? The numbers are insanely small.

Speaking of one of those in the 20% …

Also, name your gender and whatever gender you are into.

Me - Male, into women.

Probably close to 80%.

Really, I should adjust that figure. It’s probably closer to 85 or 90 percent. I find almost every woman attractive in all of their diversity of sizes, shapes, and ethnicities.

Well I like males who look like they’re 19-29. About 10% look really attractive to me and that’s when I am really generous and it’s summer and they are wearing t-shirts. In the winter it goes down because I tell what they look like under all the sweaters and things. I am female, into males.

You’re missing out. After this thread is over the rest of us are going to go to the park, eat hot dogs and talk about butts.

I’m going to violate the terms of the OP, because I have to in order to answer the question.

Females: about 75%
Males: about 20%

Probably 75% of all females are attractive. Males = Not applicable.

I really like women in their glorious feminine variety. I am male.

Most - 80% I would say.

Oddly, I only find about 5% sexually attractive, but those ones I really, really like.

It makes dating sort of a drag. :frowning:

Is it common for women to only find 10% of the male population sexually attractive?

Males: around 20%
Females: around 30%

Yeah, I know! I don’t understand it, either.

Men who are attractive: 30%
Men I find sexually attractive: 35%

About 98% (and that’s guessing low)

But, hey, I’m a teenaged male, what do you expect?

I am male.

% of females I find physically attractive = 50%
% of females I find mentally/socially/personality attractive = 50%
% of female population I would (theoretically) have (at least) a single sexual encounter with = 85%

% of males I find sexually attractive = … Uh, what’s 7 divided by the world population? in 38 years, I have met 7 men that I was sexually attracted to, not that I ever did anything, but I at least acknowledged it to myself.

If I am at Walmart, I would have to say less than 1% of the population there is attractive.
If I am at a hoity toity mall in the area, it has to be 90% are all beautiful people out to shop.

Demographics, baby.
Anywhooo, as a hobbiest photographer, I’d like to say that each face individually is beautiful on their own.

Can I use your little formula?

I am female.

% of males I find physically attractive = 60-70%
% of males I find mentally/socially/personality attractive = 50%
% of male population I would (theoretically) have (at least) a single sexual encounter with = 85%

% of females I find sexually attractive - Maybe about 5%

Sticking to the formula…
I am male.

% of females I find physically attractive = 45%
% of females I find mentally/socially/personality attractive = 30%
% of female population I would (theoretically) have (at least) a single sexual encounter with = 90% (what? hey, I’m a guy…)

% of males I find physically attractive = 25% (In a wow, he’s a handsome chap kind of way. Think Vin Diesel or Denzel)
% of males I find sexually attractive = 0%