What show had the worst theme song?

I’ve been enjoying binge-watching the old 1990s police show, “Homicide: Life on the Street”, but I have to say, while it was a great show, it’s theme song sucks big red rocks.

Here it is.

What say you, Teeming Millions? What’s the worst theme song?

My least favourite (at least recently) is the various quotes with skoodily-be-bop jazz in the background at the beginning of “Homeland”.

It might depend on your attitude toward irony. Some theme songs trying to be “the embarrassingly bad theme song” may have been bad at one level and good at another level.

[starts singing, out of tune and without rhythm] “Wayne’s world, Wayne’s world, party time, excellent!” :slight_smile:

There are bad TV themes? :confused:

Personally I’ve always found the Love Boat theme repulsive, but for pure, unimaginative schlock, it’s had to beat From a Birds-Eye View, a short-lived sitcom from the 1970s.

And I’ll throw in Small Wonder, because that show was a contender for “worst” in every possible category.

If we’re talking about shlock, I’ll go with The Brady Bunch:

I'll start singing this when I really want to annoy someone.

Ha! 'Cause Millicent Martin is a bird, in’t she! Geddit, mate? A bird! :wink:

In the same vein, there’s Two and a Half Men:

I hate the Hotel Hell theme song. Just sounds so friggin’ amateurish.

The Banana Splits

Star Trek: Enterprise.

[quote=“hogarth, post:2, topic:819256”]

My least favourite (at least recently) is the various quotes with skoodily-be-bop jazz in the background at the beginning of “Homeland”.

[/QUOTE]

I’d say anything “jazzy” fits the bill. Homeland isn’t the worst of the bunch, but it’s bad. Comedians in Cars getting Coffee is unwatchable because that horrible theme song permeates the entire episode. HBO had a run where all their intros were god awful, True Blood was terrible. I hate Orange is the New Black, so the new skip intro feature on Netflix is a god send.

[quote=“hogarth, post:2, topic:819256”]

[/QUOTE]

In the early seasons, the opening credits included a brief shot of a young girl playing a trumpet. I always assumed that this was supposed to be a young Carrie Mathison, and at some point we’d learn that Carrie had studied the trumpet as a child and dreamed of being a famous jazz musician. But as far as I can recall, this never came up in the show at all.

It would be my pick, not only because it is awful, but because it is so unexpectedly and unnecessarily so.

But don’t forget the original Game of Thrones theme from the mid-Nineties premier before the revamp that made it so popular. Unfortunately, they had to kill of Sean Bean because he was so obviously older, but the rest of the cast did well to maintain their appearances despite the decade and a half gap between the first and second series even if Isaac Hempstead Wright did grow a foot and a half in the interval.

Stranger

ALF
Sugar Time
Alias

The theme of Three’s Company always got on my nerves.

I came in here specifically to mention this. Does this song say Star Trek to you? ENTERPRISE Season 1 & 2 Opening Titles (HQ) - YouTube

The theme to “Justified” always made me grimace all through it, when I couldn’t ff through.

Babylon 5. Can anyone remember it? I’ll bet you can’t because the score sounds like it was picked out of a Musak track.

My head nearly exploded when I heard this song playing on the radio shortly after this shows premiere.