What song is stuck in your head today?

Greeeen Acres is the place to be… Farrrrrm livin’ is the life for me, land spreadin out so far and wide keep Manhatten’just gimmie that country side dada da da da dad… arrgh someone shoot me(*.-?

Welcome, Gravity, and damn you to HELL for getting that stuck in my head.

On the other hand, it did finally dislodge “Lovin’ Sam, the Sheik of Alabam’,” which I have been singing since early this morning.

—“Zis has been a Filmvays Presentation, dahling.”

While riding in my Cadillac,
What to my surprise
A little Nash Rambler was following me
About one third my size
The guy must have wanted
To pass me out
As he kept on tooting his horn
I’ll show him that a Cadillac
Is not a car to scorn
Beep Beep
Beep Beep
His horn went beep, beep, beep

Someone please get this out of my head. I’m about to pour Drano into my ears.

“Somewhere Other Than The Night” by Garth Brooks. I woke up with “The Thunder Rolls” stuck in my head - a leftover from a dream - and it neatly sequed into the part of SOTTN wherein “she was standin’ in the kitchen with nothin’ but her apron on” while I was taking my shower. I haven’t gotten rid of it yet.

[dramatic crescendo] Somewhere OTHER than the NIGHT, she needs to hear I love you!

Gremlins From The Kremlin! I saw the 'toon on Cartoon Network two nights ago and that tune has been going around and around in my head ever since! Here it comes again!

“We are Grrrremlins…From the Krrrremlin…”

Quiet Riot : Cum on feel the Noize

Malibu, by Hole

You know that commercial (for Sprite, I think) where the family is in the car and the parents are singing “Polly Wolly Doodle”? Yeah. That song. Exactly how they sing it (badly out-of-tune). Ick.

…and you can be my cowgirl.

Oh, boy. Last Thursday a friend of mine sent me a little slideshow that featured stills from uglypeople.com, all set to the music of…

wait for it…

the Baha Men.

Every time they got to that friggin’ idiotic barking part, the still would change. So that’s my story. Five days and "Who let the Dogs out " is still stuck in my head. Luckily I can drink myself stupid tomorrow and watch stuff blow up. Maybe that’ll anesthetize the remaining brain cells.

If not, I can just watch three Jerry Bruckheimer or Paul Verhoeven films back-to-back. That should be an analogue to a scorched-earth policy for my brain.

turns on gas,places head in oven

Thanks to my kids, I have The Phoney King of England from Disney’s Robin Hood, or Madonna’s Skin battling for dominance in my head.

I think I’ll subdue them both with Taboo.

The plinky soundtrack to “Six Feet Under”

stoid

Thank you so much, Arden and LNO. I now have “Battle of New Orleans” and “Not in Nottingham” competing for wavelength in my head now. There are times when I hate associative memory.

Now, where did I put that club…

puts round in chamber,places barrel in mouth

We were talking about Tom Jones in my office this morning, and since then it’s been: “It’s not unusuAL to be [loved by anyone?]” BAH ba-dah-ba-dahhhh…

Last week it was: "Rubber Duckie, you’re the one / You make bathtime lots of fun / Rubber Duckie, I’m awfully fond of you / Boh-boh-doh-be-oh!

I saw “Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?” last Friday. Since then I’ve got “He’s in the Jailhouse, Now” on heavy rotation.

“…I told him once or twice,
stop playin’ cards and shootin’ dice…
he’s in the jailhouse now.
He’s in the jailhouse now…”

“Sweeeeet Care-o-line (DAH dah dah) Good times never felt so good . . .”
The irritating thing is that I didn’t even notice until I read this thread. May you be stuck in Neil Diamond Hell forever, GravityFailz, with “Turn on your heart-light” (Muzak version) piped directly into your brain.

Both from the musical “Sweet Charity”. See, I got talked into doing this walk on role… which turned out to be 9 different parts… with some singing a little (shhhhh) dancing thrown in for good measure.

So here I am, stuck with these Neil Simon tunes|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
O

Hoosier Daddy!@

That darned “Happy Talk” song from South Pacific:

You’ve got to have a dream
If you don’t have a dream
How are you gonna make a dream come true?

…Talk about a boy,
talk about a girl,
talk about the things you like to do…

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!