Songs That Get Stuck In Your Head

You know what I’m talking about… the song or songs that you just can’t get out of your head.

My Usual Suspects include (from worst on down):

Close to You, The Carpenters
Why do birds suddenly appear,
Everytime you are near…
Grrrr! Die birds, Die!*

–** One Night in Bangkok**, Murray Head even if it’s usually in the form of “One night in Bangkok blahblah blah blah blahblah”

I Can’t Get You Out of My Head, Kylie Minogue except lately it’s been the Blue Monday version that nags and gnaws.

and inexplicably, the theme from The Simpsons. I don’t know why but occasionally I find myself humming it as I walk down the hallways at work. People look at me funny.

For weeks I was singing the Daisy brand sour cream song from the commercial. My husband swore he was going to smother me in my sleep if I didn’t cut it out.

Great now it’s stuck in my head.

[sub]Look what you did with a dollop, a dollop of Daisy.[/sub]

The Dream Police - Cheap Trick

Margaritaville - Jimmy B.

Loser - Beck

Pepper - Butthole Surfers

All Your Base

:: d & r ::

Bad, bad Leroy Brown. Alllllll daaaaaaaay today. sigh

“Breakfast at Tiffany’s” - Deep Blue Something

“Flagpole Sitta” - Harvey Danger

I swear, I hear either of those songs and they are stuck there for the rest of the day. I’m not sure what would happen if I heard them both in the same day (my head might explode)…

Life Is A Highway- Tom Cochrane

I wanna drive it…all night long
If you’re going my way…I wanna ride it…all night long!

Now just try to get that out of your head. :wink:

I particuarly have a hard time getting the end of the song out of my head. When that glorious guitar hook kicks up a notch and the harmonica drops in.

Brilliance!

:slight_smile:

We Are the World - USA for Africa

from Guys and Dolls - and Oh God! the movie… The song’s title is “Fugue for Tinhorns” but it’s evil.

I got the horse right here
The name is Paul Revere
And here’s a guy that says that the weather’s clear
Can do, can do, this guy says the horse can do
If he says the horse can do, can do, can do.

It’s a round, like Row Row Row Your Boat. And it was stuck in my head for MONTHS - drove my hubby nuts, me mumbling “Can do, can do, this guy says the horse can do…” over and over and over and over etc

I once had a persistent case of Twin Peaks theme headstuckies.

Anything I hear gets stuck in my head. But there are a choice few:

1. More Than A Feeling - Boston
  2. Lives of the Rich and Famous - Good Charolette (mostly because a lot of people I’m around have it stuck in their heads and then i walk by and it gets stuck in my head)
  3. Swing, Swing - All American Rejects (see reason above)

Stuck in the Middle with You - Steeler’s Wheel. And its the only one where I continually see Michael Madsen dancing around with a razor.

Still not a bad beat to walk around too.

“We sail the ocean blue, and our saucy ship’s a beauty,” from HMS Pinafore by Gilbert and Sullivan.

At least it’s not the Macarena

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Freaking Bikini.

AAAARGHHHHH!

*BUY THE RIGHTS!

How Bizarre…How Bizarre…How Bizaree*

As best I can tell, Good Charlotte is today’s leading “Get-stuck-in-your-head-all-damn-day” band.

Besides the already listed Lifestyles, the song that’s been getting stuck in my head a lot lately is The Anthem.

“Be youuuuuuuuuuuuuu”

Once I get it in my head it won’t leave: Get This Party Started by Pink

…there’s lakes of stew, and whiskey too. You can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains…"

Thankfully this little gem is included on the O’ Brother… soundtrack, and I now have the good fortune of being able to have all or most of the song going through my head…as opposed to the 25 or so years before that film, when my childhood juke box brain would just loop the “…in the Big Rock Candy Mountains…” part over, and over…

I’ve finally given in to Lady Marmalade, by whoever-it-is.

People are people so why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully

I briefly heard that song on the radio in a store and had it stuck in my head the rest of the day. Grr.

‘Let Me Go’ by Chicks

“Hey, your real world isn’t real at all
Hey, we got a lot to learn but it’s alright”

“Hey, we got the Force on our side and it’s alright
Hey, we got a lot to learn but it’s alright
and when the Force is with you
Obi-Wan is at your side”

It’s notorious with me by now!

If it’s not that, it’s probably ‘Basket Case’ by Green Day