What Song Makes You Think OF Your SO?

I haven’t been seeing the new guy long enough to have a song for him, but the one for my last SO was “Wichita Linesman”, because he really loved that song and he made me love it too. And when we split up (due to circumstances rather than desire on either of our parts) I couldn’t listen to it without turning into a giant puffy-eyed tear-stained mess.

You needed me by Anne Murray. In one of our first dates, we started singing this to eachother. We also got married with this song playing.

The song that would make me think of my current SO would be something entitled “You bore me, feeble-minded whining girl”

However, the song that makes me long for a better match would definately be “Wish You Were Here” by Pink Floyd.

The part that gets me is the last verse:

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We’re just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

“Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)” and “Fist” both by the Deftones

my soon to be EX loved the devil went down to georgia…i always hated that song…then there was sweet home alabama when we first met…pretzel logic…steely dan…tequila sunrise/eagles…he always liked gimme three steps and ridin’ the storm out…which i can stand only drunk

‘Hanging By A Moment’ Lighthouse, and ‘Never Tear Us Apart’ INXS.

Just a few notes and my heart starts going . . . not songs I would listen to normally, but the INXS song came on during a really intense moment for us and just summed up everything we were both feeling at the time. It was a totally magical moment, one I will never forget. And the Lighthouse one, I can feel his arms going around me and we just sway . .

Ahhhhhh.

(Going all schmoopy here)