What were your favorite lunatic theories on the SDMB?

A penis is a prime example, it also changes depending on the “space” it is relative too.

Had someone here doing a 9/11 truther bit about how mysterious orbs were seen around the towers prior to falling. Consensus was indeterminate as to whether the poster was trolling or actually believed this.

Then there are the ‘Peak Oil’ peeps, but not too sure if PO really qualifies as ‘lunatic’.

My penis mightier than the sword!

…yeah, spacing makes a difference. :wink:

I was serious about the “ruler”, even despite my flippant tone. Take a moment to look up the calculations GPS satellites use to determine your location. It takes relativity into account. The math problem’s been solved.

So unless you’re trying to tell me you’re proposing using your dick to calculate the curvature of space, I’d like to urge you to try again.

I assumed Peyronie’s disease to be part of the equation.

I was eventually planning on bending the conversation towards mythology and work in a reference to satyriasis, but today I learned something and just saw the most peculiar images on Wikipedia. (It’s not likely to be work safe, just sayin’.)

I haven’t been on SDMB long enough to have stumbled across much of a lunatic theory, so the best I have was, “You could make a great COVID mask by using coffee filters. Once you figure out how to put it on your face.” Except I doubt they were really all that serious and were likely trolling.

I vaguely remember a guy arguing that historical European royalty was actually Black, and that this fact was being hidden. He didn’t seem to understand that dark is a relative term.

Then how did mathematics succeed in making the relativistic correction for GPS satelites, without which they would drift by 13 km every day? Did they use a Ouija board?

You can also measure the curvature of space near a gravitating body by measuring the sum of the angles of a triangle (the angle can be determined by strictly local measures) and seeing it deviate from 180. Without mathematics, you cannot do physics.

This.

Now, I shall go get the popcorn

Black blood is blue blood! or the other way around, not sure.

Moderator Note

We have been trying to eliminate boy’s locker room type jokes for some time. Please do not make posts like this again.

I believe this theory was convincingly refuted by Dilbert Clambake.

*if Egmond Codfried responds to his notification e-mail, we’re in for it.

I’m having trouble navigating this new format and the original “Jimi Hendrix Murdered” thread is locked…

This one?

or this one?

For some reason my posts ended up in some sort of separate text box…Some kind of formatting issue…The mods were interested in shutting that thread down…They tend to be biased against the subject (and equally unqualified)…

I shut Jackmannii up pretty good…He’s good at mocking someone who isn’t there but when confronted with debate suddenly gets quiet…

There’s a parable here about wrestling in the mud with a pig that you may not be considering.

“Mud” is off-topic trolling…

Sticking to the facts is clean discussion…

He’s scared…He ran…

You are mistaken. We’re in a thread titled “Favorite Lunatic Theories”. The fact is, yours appears to have made the list.