What's a girl gotta do for an orgasm? T M I

Talk to your doc, jar. I was on a combo of Celexa and Wellbutrin for a while. Wellbutrin not only helped with the libido problem, but actually caused me to have more intense orgasms. It’s good stuff, baybee.

jarbaby, talk to the doctor. I take Celexa too. However, I don’t have a problem with orgasm. Maybe I’m lucky, or maybe I just went for so long without sex at all that by the time I actually did have sex, the side effects of Celexa had worn off (there’s my TMI–hope no one minds).

But it can be corrected. Really. I understand your loyalty to Celexa, too–once you find an anti-depressant that actually works for you, you’re loathe to give it up. But there’s other meds you can take with Celexa to correct that problem, or if you absolutely must, you can switch to a different drug.

You haven’t been on Celexa for that long, so you may just want to wait a little while & see if the big O comes back on it’s own. But it’s definitely something you’ll want to discuss with your doctor.

Best of luck!

Do virtual bitchslaps work? 'Cause there are a few idiots over in GD I can work over for yas. Anything to help.

Sua

::runs naked through thread with aforementioned GD idiots, then watches in horror as little bunny Sua bitchslaps them all.::

OW! HEY! You weren’t supposed to bitchslap me too, you . . . icky lawyer person, you!

Oh. Fuck. I’m still naked.

::runs back out of thread and into “ask me anything” thread::

Wimmins don’t need no orgasms. It interferes with the cooking and laundry chores.

Us guys need them, though, or we go crazy. Okay, even more crazy.

Am I going to wish I could edit my post after I hit submit?

I’ll give yet another suggestion that you discuss this with your psychiatrist.

I’ve been medicated twice. These days, I seem to do fairly well without it, but it is a struggle. It’s always a choice, isn’t it?

The first time, I took Zoloft. I did not have an orgasm for 18 months. No shit. When I went on the meds (this was 8 years ago), my primary care doctor stated that she had seen studies that linked sexual dysfunction to antidepressants, but “she didn’t believe them.” I decided not to believe them, either. Not that it did me much good. It was better than being depressed, though, so I didn’t go off them until I wanted to get pregnant again.

I do fine when I’m pregnant and nursing. The hormones seem to have a positive effect. The second time I took nefazadone. It didn’t have (for me) the sexual side effects. I actually felt almost normal, though a little more perky than usual. I went off meds again because we wanted to get pregnant again. Since having my last child, I have been able to make lifestyle changes that have allowed me to have better control over my moods. But if I ever feel I need to go back to meds, I’ll ask for this.

Everyone reacts differently to different meds. I know that switching meds can be scary, but now that you know how you want to feel (and how the meds help you feel-less the specific dysfunction) maybe you could try some variations?

I know that I am going to get flamed big time for this.

But, what the hell does “T M I” mean?

<ducks and runs for cover.>

TMI=Too Much Information

Thank you!

Well, I’ll give it the old college try…

Tee hee–we had a good Sequential Thread title thingy going here yesterday…

What’s a girl gotta do for an orgasm? T M I
What’s this thingamabob do?
Um, ow.

Jarbaby

Try tylenol first?

OK, maybe not.

Good luck, hon.

QtM

I love you Q

About four or five good fluffers and a live couple bitchslapping one another should help out a lot. Don’t forget the goats.

Good luck. Let us know how the doc visit goes.

b.

GOATS?

What do you think I am? Some sort of sicko?

I’m thinking that adding an element of danger to your romps might do the trick…for example, imaging playing the skin flute in Zambia.

Okay, little missy, you just stick to your geckos and see how far that gets you. Do you know how many geckos it takes to equal the sheer power of a single goat?

b.

Everybody knows that - it’s 42.

Well, there’s your problem. Everybody knows it’s:

Hand, dick, tongue, salami, loaf, eel, and then drill.

How can you expect to do the screaming spawling shiver if you can’t get the order right?

(I’m assuming, of course, there wasn’t a penguin available. And somewhere you should’ve worked in some camembert for style points.)

Well, what did doc say, jarbabyj

Have you found some meds that let you go o ?

We need to know…

I guess if she doesn’t answer soon, we’ll know the new meds combo worked and she’s too busy to check the board !:smiley: I hope that’s the case, anyway.